JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post what you did to become successful in the game, or what you recommend them not doing due to experience.

·
Registered
911 Posts
From newb status.. build up your stats and look for other newbs that just joined with a red star. If you can beat them down and mug them, you can exploit 1k from each one.. Grows money quick.. To gain experience and level up, I robbed the **** out of the quickie mart... But build your dexterity up first that allows you to walk in and not get caught.. that builds your experience... Ask for help.. You can gain weapons and armor just by asking fellow JKO members.

This is what I did and hit level 3 status in a few days...

OH yeah and PM Teatonictxn and he will hook u up with 10K.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i'm on level 9 right now, and here are my stats at the moment:
Strength: 8,911.6431 [Ranked: 86]
Dexterity: 5,017.9029 [Ranked: 101]
Speed: 10,059.0673 [Ranked: 84]
Guard: 10,022.2611 [Ranked: 74]

i've decided that i'm not going to try to level up again until i've gotten strength above 11000 and speed and guard above 13000. i think if you level up too fast, without having the stats to be strong, it will be a hinderance, since you might not be able to compete with others at the level.

i'm think i'll be a "sleeper" with stats that high and only on level 9. that will also help when attacking some higher level guys, earning me more experience points for being able to beat them. it also should tempt guys that are a level or two above me to attack me, then i surprise them and win, gaining experience from those attacks as well.

i think everyone should be trying to aim for having at least 1000 per level in strength, speed and guard for us to be competitive as a gang.
if you don't have 1000 per stat, you should stop doing the crimes and beating people up (so that you don't gain experience and level up) until your stats are built up.

i also screwed up on the jobs, since i didn't realize how they work. i'm back at an intern now, since i quit my apprentice job to apply for the web designer job. i didn't realize that to go to the next higher job, you have to ask for a promotion - you can't just quit the one you are at and apply for the next higher one.
you don't "quit" until you reach the highest job in each category. once you've been promoted up to the internet sales rep job, then you can quit and apply for the welder position (lowest job) in the next category up.

i will be spending about the next week just building my stats and moving up the job ranks, which will help build the stats faster.

this is my new strategy.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Not sure I agree with all of your theory Mcnut.

I agree that you should work hard on stats, but I don't agree with not using your skill to commit crimes and here's why. Right now I'm level 13 which gives me 95 energy every time it fills up. That gives me more gym usefulness, which makes me stronger. I also get more energy for my glitter if I use it than I would at a lower level.

I don't really care if I get beat down at this point because I'm not using my health for anything. I don't need it for the gym or crimes and I'm not attacking anybody. Glitter is too valuable to waist.

jmo

I do have one thing that I'm not fo sho about though and it could put a bit of a flaw in my theory. Out of the energy used to go to the gym, does a full bar of energy give you the same gym stats no matter what the level? I'm not sure, maybe you could tell me what you get for a full bar used, and I'll see what I get for a full bar on level 13.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
it's also always a good idea to check the list of top players on the "explore" page, then sort them by "wealth." this will list the players with the most money out in the open. going down that list is a good way to attack players that have a bunch of money to steal.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i agree with you in part.....

you should save your glitter, to use it for building stats later in the game, at higher levels, so that you get more use out of it in the gym - i agree with that.

i only use the energy that i build up for free at the gym. i'm saving my glitter to use at higher levels.

but, being at level 13 doesn't do you any good if you just get your ass kicked by people at level 9, because your stats aren't high enough to match your level.

winning fights doesn't mean much while you are at lower points in the game (except for stealing money) but it will later, once we get a bunch of us at higher levels and stats so that we can start a gang.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hell, I don't leave my money out in the open for more than a minute because #^%face 434fireboy keeps mugging me

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
evidence of my strategy:

[Delete] Time: December 22, 2008, 10:04:45 am
Event: You beat JKO-RotorHead and left him in the streets to rot! You also stole $163 from the loser And gained 48 experience.

i'm just sayin'. :dustin::wink_animate:

you can do what you want. :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I'm also just saying that who cares if I get beat down at this point. I will be catching you soon on the stats since I am refilling at a higher level.

When I checked after I noticed you beat me. My health was at 57/170 and yours was at 84/130. Doesn't look like it was that easy for you, and all I have is a glock.

Oh yah, I'll remember that you stole from me later to prove a point. :beer:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
You have gained 86.0484 strength by training it 95 times

Looks like my theory holds, plus I get all that money for the crimes I commit.
i get about 50 at the gym for training it 70 times.

my point is, that by the time i get up to level 13, my stats (that are already higher than yours) will be even higher, making me more formidable.

at that point, i might start leaving some money out in the open to bait people. i'll have others, around my level, attacking me. then i'll win, and gain experience just for doing nothing. :smokin:

there isn't a right way or a wrong way. that's just the way i've decided to do it. :D:beer:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
When I checked after I noticed you beat me. My health was at 57/170 and yours was at 84/130. Doesn't look like it was that easy for you, and all I have is a glock.
no, it wasn't an easy fight. i only had about 34/130 left when i won.....but you started with 170 and i only had 130......and i'm 4 levels behind you.....:bounce:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
no, it wasn't an easy fight. i only had about 34/130 left when i won.....but you started with 170 and i only had 130......and i'm 4 levels behind you.....:bounce:
No.... My way is the only right way. :thefinger:

Just kidding. I think we both have the same idea. We both want to be strong. You just want the surprise attack by being a strong lower level and I want to build strength and money by having a higher level.

Another week or two and we should be able to have a pretty strong gang. :beer:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i sold a couple hundred glitter, so i have about $9million in a swiss account now.

i'm just hording away my glitter now until i get to about level 25 or so.

i not spending glitter to use at the gym - just using my free energy at the gym.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
i sold a couple hundred glitter, so i have about $9million in a swiss account now.

i'm just hording away my glitter now until i get to about level 25 or so.

i not spending glitter to use at the gym - just using my free energy at the gym.
I need to sell some glitter like that. I had some listed and it disappeared. No money and no more glitter. Not sure what happened, but have been scared to list more.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
papee cleared all the glitter off the market because the prices were too ridiculously high. he kept a log of who has what listed. if you PM papee and tell him you lost the glitter, he can give it back to you.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
this is what happens when you level up too fast without building your stats to go along with the levels:

Time: December 22, 2008, 6:57:58 pm
Event: You beat JKO Alec W and left him in the streets to rot! And gained 40.5 experience.

Alec W is level 16 and i'm level 9. he has 200 health and i only have 130. i still had 98/130 left when i beat him.....

G

·
this is what happens when you level up too fast without building your stats to go along with the levels:

Time: December 22, 2008, 6:57:58 pm
Event: You beat JKO Alec W and left him in the streets to rot! And gained 40.5 experience.

Alec W is level 16 and i'm level 9. he has 200 health and i only have 130. i still had 98/130 left when i beat him.....
Different strategy. Right now you are much stronger than me but when I use my glitter bank at level 30 when you are still at level 15 I’ll go way past you. LOL, I think ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.