1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Looks like a good deal. Have you tried it yet?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have all parts yet for the install. I'll report back when it's installed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks like just a basic line-out converter that they have just spliced the plugs on. Should be super simple.

We sold the regular converters for $20, and you were probably looking at at least 20 mins if you had ALL the tools, scotch blocks, wire, etc. that you needed already. So if you aren't an avid installer and your time is valuable then it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Nice find.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That is great!! I have been searching for an easy way to add an amp! Thank You Sir!!:beer:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received the PAC sub adapter ... it's a thing of beauty and looks to be worth more than they are selling it for.

The bad news is the MTX Thunderlink arrived and is too big in the back of my 2-door. So at this point it is destined to be mounted in the trunk of my 2006 Mustang.

I'll keep my eyes open for a factory enclosure to customize ... until then no Sub in the JK.

·
Registered
2017, rhino JKU Rubi Recon
42 Posts
damn tha would have saved me headaches and lots of time!!!! i ended up today paying a shop for a output converter installed 45$... after losing out 17$ on a toasted converter that i lost the packaging and reciept for.

·
Registered
2017, rhino JKU Rubi Recon
42 Posts
Looks like just a basic line-out converter that they have just spliced the plugs on. Should be super simple.

We sold the regular converters for $20, and you were probably looking at at least 20 mins if you had ALL the tools, scotch blocks, wire, etc. that you needed already. So if you aren't an avid installer and your time is valuable then it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Nice find.
x2 mine was a pain and you dont have a lot of room to work with either!!! so i finally gave up and let the pros have it and they tuned it in nicely for me... 10" and 150 watts are more than enough for me it hits surprisingly hard and crisp...

·
Registered
262 Posts
It says it wont work if you have a factory external amp which the JK's do have under the dash if you have the infinity system

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct ... this particular device is to install an AMP on the factory radio without the Infinity AMP option. I believe they also make one that allows you to install andadditional AMP on a system with a factory AMP. They have lots of different part #'s for different applications.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmm I wonder how well this thing works????

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The bad news is the MTX Thunderlink arrived and is too big in the back of my 2-door. So at this point it is destined to be mounted in the trunk of my 2006 Mustang.

I'll keep my eyes open for a factory enclosure to customize ... until then no Sub in the JK.
Here's a sub enclosure that's designed for the rear of the Jeeps: http://www.rdmoffroad.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=98

Fits a 10" sub and can be ordered with the sub and amp if needed.

James

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK .... just ordered the AMP to hopefully mount in the the factory location under the steering wheel ... and a SUBWOOFER to Mount in the factory box.

AMP: Pioneer GM-D7400M
SUB: JL Audio 8W1v2-4

1 - 17 of 17 Posts