JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my son from daycare yesterday in the Jeep with the top down... Had a small audience when we walked out. Half scattered when I opened the door to get in. My favorite remark I overheard: "I wish my daddy had a Jeep that cool!"

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Nice. Can't wait for spring so we can do some more top off riding.

I was taking the two oldest grandkids to school the other morning, first time since the lift and I noticed they had a tad more trouble getting in than usual but the grab handles saved the day.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
My kids (12 and 9) love being dropped off at school in the Jeep. My youngest goes to elementary school and they have older kids that open the car door when you pull up. It's funny to watch the kids scramble to get to open the door for my son.

They also have "Community Night" at local restaurants. Families go to the restaurant for dinner and the restaurants donate some portion of the proceeds to the PTO. The kids insist on taking the Jeep and they usually try to trick me into cruising around the parking lot sdo everyone can see them in their Jeep. It's cool.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
My kids in college and he loves it when I roll up in my JK at the frat house or the fire house. Kids of all ages love Jeeps:beer:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
my daughter just turned 5 and when she first got in the jeep we told her that you could take the top off. It totally blew her mind. Cant wait for the summer time to get here. She wants to go on "Jeep adventures."

·
Registered
660 Posts
Dont have any kids of my own but I think my favorite experience has been getting out at the grocery store and seeing a little kid tug on his mom's pants, "look at that mommy, its so big!"

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
My son (2.5 yrs old) only wants to ride in the Jeep. He calls wheeling jumping because the water breaks at URE. He also wants the top down all the time even if it is raining. LOL
And Parker was potty trained on the trail!!

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Yep, my Jeep is incredibly popular with the 3-5 year old demographic. Also fun is seeing the wistful lusty glances from the guys hopping out of their honda pilots and other minivan clones... :thefinger:

Even more fun to roll up in the summer (no top down livin in Feb here in the NE) with the half door uppers in the back, ORH top rolledup and the radio blasting for pick up... I get a TON of dirty looks from those poor bastards :cwm13:

My favorite exchange so far was a kid in my daughter's class staring at it as I was dropping off awhile back. Kid says to the dad: "Daddy, why don't we have one of those?" I managed to hear Dad's reply: "I don't know son. I just. Dont. Know."

Kid's parents moved to another daycare, so I never got to find out if he got the Jeep.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I picked up my ex's son from elementary school a few years back with the doors and top off, and the kids were saying to him, "you're...so...lucky!" He got a kick out of it.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took off my doors for the first time Monday last week and my 7yo son just about exploded when he walked out the front door of the daycare. Every day since then he's just about dropped to the ground in a fit when he walks out and sees the doors on, but I'm not driving this sucker doorless in the rain!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts