JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! It's been a long dream of my Wife and I to go Camping/Overlanding. So when it came time to pick the vehicle we couldn't agree more than to pick a Jeep. My question is what lift height and tire size would you recommend? Something that wouldn't lead to too much modifications as I'd like to keep it handling good the road. I'm not planning on doing Rock Crawling or Mudding, just something that would be able to take us across most obstacles we come across :) Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm new to this forum and the JK's but long time Jeep owner. If this is your first Jeep I would recommend you drive it stock for a while. It will surprise you how capable they are without modifications.
After that you can decide if you really need or want to lift it, but based on what you are saying personally I wouldn't go past 2.5" and 35s.
I'm sure the experts will chime in shortly with more information.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm new to this forum and the JK's but long time Jeep owner. If this is your first Jeep I would recommend you drive it stock for a while. It will surprise you how capable they are without modifications.
After that you can decide if you really need or want to lift it, but based on what you are saying personally I wouldn't go past 2.5" and 35s.
I'm sure the experts will chime in shortly with more information.
That's a pretty good recommendation IMO. You can also get a lot of help with your intended use on expeditionportal.com. There's a jeep specific forum there and what you're talking about is exactly what they do.

Welcome to JKO.

·
Registered
619 Posts
For overlanding I would go with a stock Rubicon with a Teraflex 1 1/2 leveling kit. If a Rubicon is out of the budget I would go sport with 32" or 33" tires, same lift and add an ARB locker to the rear and manual quick disconnects to the front swaybar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts