JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may sound a little crazy and out of this world but you can have fun in your Jeep on those black top roads. Here are a few of my favorites were the views are amazing.

Number 1 Utah Hwy 95 from Blanding Utah to Hanksville Utah. Make sure your gas tank is full and you bring lots of water. It’s a long desolate route through some of the most amazing scenery in the country.

Number 2 Old Route 66 up to Oatman, Arizona from Kingman. There are 191 turns, curves and switchbacks in the Black mountains. Once you reach the Oatman you can enjoy this small village. A small village on old Route 66 in Mojave County, Arizona. Fun shops and "wild" Burros that wander the streets. The Burros are descendants of the burros brought to the area by the miners. In the early 1900's Oatman, a tent city, was a thriving gold mining center.

Number 3 Colorado Highway 92 outside of Delta Colorado. This road runs parallel to Black Canyon National Park and the views are absolutely amazing and breath taking with many hairpin turns and curves along the steep canyon rim. Not for the faint of heart.

Number 4 Off Interstate 70 in Utah is Utah Highway 128 Scenic By-way towards Moab Utah. First make sure you take a stop in Cisco one of Utah’s top ghost towns. The drive along this scenic by-way is specatural as you follow along the Colorado river. The monumental rock formations take your breath away.

Number 5. Utah’s scariest Road. Okay so this isn’t actual black top but it isn’t off road either. It’s a gravel road called a Mogi Dugaway. Probably one of the scariest roads I have been on. Especially since my Jeep was on a trailer behind me. The road is called Moki Dugway. “Dugway” is a term used to describe a roadway carved from a hillside. This Scenic By-way is a stretch of Highway 261 in Utah where the blacktop turns into a dirt road. The gravel road is a three-mile long switchback road carved right into the side of the mountain with 11% grade hair pin turns.
NO GUARDRAILS with sheer cliffs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just did Monday, Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park. Was worth it. Plenty of scenery. A lot of curves and elevation changes. There are a couple stores, a restaurant and a fuel stop in the 105 mile drive. Cell service is spotty. Unfortunately, I've moved the pictures from this device.

IceColeNH on an Android Smaht Fone using Tapatalk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts