JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone on here running their lift kits? I'm on the fence right now on a new lift for my '14 JKU sport. I've been looking at several kits but I just wanted some feedback on theirs from someone with experience. Thanks in advance.
Mitchel. :gluging:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Mine (3" Premium plus) has been fine and havent had any issues with it. Have heard their customer service sucks but Ive never had to deal with them.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've run their 3" Ultimate suspension kit since 2007 on my JKU. Besides having to replace the bushings, the control arms are build to take a beating. has served me well over the years. Recently installed a RK Long Arm, as it was time to make a change.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I scored a great deal on a 3" premium plus kit and now I need a set of shocks to go with it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I scored a great deal on a 3" premium plus kit and now I need a set of shocks to go with it.
I use Bilstiens 5100's on mine but they are stiff if I dont have a lot of stuff in the Jeep. For the normal loadout for going camping or wheeling they are nice. When these go bad I think I might might try the Rancho adjustables.

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
I installed their 3" premium plus in 2012. I've slowly been phasing out their stuff I wasn't happy with, and their customer service left a bad taste with me.

I had all 4 of the 3/4" heims go bad in under a year and less than 5K miles (front and rear trackbar and front upper frame joints). I chalked it up to New England winters but the replacements I put in (bought somewhere else) have had no issues.

I bent their front trackbar at the clearance bend. I bent the rear trackbar where the tube is welded to the all-thread. I've since swapped the front. Still run the rear, though probably not for much longer.

The springs rode rough on a 2 door and gave me 1.5" more lift that I really wanted. I had ridden in other jeeps that rode a lot smoother with the same shocks and different springs. The free length wasn't anything impressive, they would unseat with pretty normal shock/bumpstop combos in the rear. The front would unload like crazy on steep clmibs but, again, light 2 door. I've since swapped those as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback. It may not be exactly what I want to hear but I'm glad to get an honest review. I've already purchased to lift and really, it was one heck of a deal. Even if I have to change joints soon, I think I'll be ahead. I'm hoping that since it's a 4 door that the springs won't seem as stiff and the jeep won't sit too high and cause problems with the drive-shaft.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know of any specials on the Rancho RS9000's or Fox or maybe even the Bilstein's? I posted in a couple of vendor forums and I've yet to hear anything yet. My lift is here and I'd like to get a set so I can install.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Most of the vendors are at SEMA this week so it might take a little longer to get a response. For shocks try sending a message to some of the usual suspects here on JKO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you wheel your jeep at all, i would advice against the 9000's. You WILL break off the adjustment knobs in the rocks. Plus you will likely never adjust them anyway; you'll just pick a setting likely somewhere in the middle and leave them. I had the for a while, but have since switched to the 7000's and am much happier.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was in Lexington yesterday and stumbled across a Smokey Mountain truck accessories store and they gave me a good deal on some shocks, so I'm set now. I should get them in next week. Thanks for all the feedback on the kit and the shocks to all who responded, I appreciate the insight.

·
Vendor
664 Posts
Pro Tip!
Spin the shock body 180 and have the shock mount protect the knob. :)

If you wheel your jeep at all, i would advice against the 9000's. You WILL break off the adjustment knobs in the rocks. Plus you will likely never adjust them anyway; you'll just pick a setting likely somewhere in the middle and leave them. I had the for a while, but have since switched to the 7000's and am much happier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts