JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need someone to contact me ASAP

I have an issue that has come up. Not very happy!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried calling them? Or maybe calling on monday?
It is midnight saturday you know.
they browse these boards. :)

With less then 1k miles on an ultimate kit it is now undriveable with bushings that are wasted on the insert side of almost EVERY arm.

lucky it is my jeep and not a customers.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
they browse these boards. :)

With less then 1k miles on an ultimate kit it is now undriveable with bushings that are wasted on the insert side of almost EVERY arm.

lucky it is my jeep and not a customers.
uppers or lowers? Are you talking the adjustable "johnny joint" bushings or the "normal" urathene bushings? If it is the uppers (adjustable) what did you preload them to?

·
Registered
258 Posts
You will have a really hard time getting a call back from them. They MUST be really busy. Call Patrick daily and you will finally get what you need. It's good stuff, just takes a little time to get your stuff.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uppers or lowers? Are you talking the adjustable "johnny joint" bushings or the "normal" urathene bushings? If it is the uppers (adjustable) what did you preload them to?
THe normal urethane bushings.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Full Traction uses Vecton for their bushings. Do you have some pictures of your issue?
will be disassembled later this afternoon in which ill have plenty of pics and video for you. With 3/4" play forward and back on numerous control arms there is nothing else it can be.

Rather sad. I know of other companies that have had this problem as well.

Whatever they are using it is not up to be used where it is being used.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Is this the second Full Traction product complaint?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Whatever they are using it is not up to be used where it is being used.
What "Vecton" (aka nylon) is not good? It is the same as the high temp nylon used for kitchen utensils. So it should be good enough for a bushing. :lol: They used the same material on their TJ bushings. That must have been an exciting drive back to the shop! I hope you do not have any hole elongation in the control arm brackets. That would be easy to fix, but a PITA.

I have mine up on the jacks today. I need to adjust my rear control arms and track bar and install PP rear shock relocation brackets. So I will be able to take a good look at my bushings today also.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What "Vecton" (aka nylon) is not good? It is the same as the high temp nylon used for kitchen utensils. So it should be good enough for a bushing. :lol: They used the same material on their TJ bushings. That must have been an exciting drive back to the shop! I hope you do not have any hole elongation in the control arm brackets. That would be easy to fix, but a PITA.

I have mine up on the jacks today. I need to adjust my rear control arms and track bar and install PP rear shock relocation brackets. So I will be able to take a good look at my bushings today also.
Yes, very squirmy. I hope that the bolts did not get pulled and pushed to much before parking it. I really do hope so.
I am now looking for another kit as to what are they gonna replace the crap with? more crap? I drive and I mean dirve alot. 40k miles a year. I cannot imagine having to replace my bushings every week. LOL not to mention everything else it ruins. This is just plain BS

to make matters much much worse. I was suppost to leave this morning for the Rubicon with some friends. 2 of us from vegas and a few form other parts of the country. Scheduling time off for a trip you cannot make sure sucks

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I am now looking for another kit as to what are they gonna replace the crap with? more crap?
I have the the Teraflex control arms and haven't had any issues for the six months they have been installed. I'm sure the Poly arms are great as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Find some arms with rubber bushings. You will be a lot happier.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The rubicon express kit I installed rode very nice. They use that johnny joint and rubber bushings. Nice kit.

I will not sell full traction without informing the customer of poor bushings and sqeaks. Just the way it is.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
surely there isn't a problem with full traction bushings! eddie, piginajeep and all the moderators at jk-forum have all had their full traction lifts on for a year without a single problem!

they claim you just have to grease the hell out of them and torque the hell out of them and the noises go away.

apparently one must be an employee of jk-forum to know how to do this properly.

oh, and good luck with contacting anyone at full traction. they rarely answer the phone and it is even more rare for them to answer an e-mail.

you might get a response at jk-forum, but if you post this over there, be ready to have all the moderators jump down your throat while coming to the defense of full traction!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
surely there isn't a problem with full traction bushings! eddie, piginajeep and all the moderators at jk-forum have all had their full traction lifts on for a year without a single problem!

they claim you just have to grease the hell out of them and torque the hell out of them and the noises go away.

oh, and good luck with contacting anyone at full traction. they rarely answer the phone and it is even more rare for them to answer an e-mail.

you might get a response at jk-forum, but if you post this over there, be ready to have all the moderators jump down your throat while coming to the defense of full traction!
I was banned from their on day two! I mentioned a bad place or something

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did however call full traction and potentially have a resolution to my problem. Got a return call within an hour.

·
Registered
314 Posts

Yeah you can grease the hell out of them and torque the hell out of them but this is not right IMO. They push Full Traction because they probably got a great deal on it and FT supports that board. People like Poly and Rubicon Express don't need that crap because their products are plan better. My $.02

1 - 20 of 47 Posts