JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyone coming out with full soft door? I would have thought this would have been a no brainer for someone like Best Top? :shaking:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I would be interested. Gotta be a ton cheaper than a set of half doors. Somebody on the other forum priced out a set of half doors (purchased as parts since Chrysler wasn't selling them as a package) for an Unlimited and it came to something over $5000. :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
I very insterested also. So interested I e-mailed bestop late last summer about this. They said to expect them on the market early 08. Early 08 has come and pretty much gone and the last word I read was spring 08.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I contacted Bestop a couple days ago about the soft doors and got this response...

The Element doors and the 2 piece soft doors will be available in 3-6
months, we do not yet have an exact date.

Thank You
Bestop Customer Service

I guess a huge demand for the doors isn't there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm still waiting on my order for the element doors... They said they should be here in a couple of weeks... Same thing with the bikini top...

We'll see..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bestop's really screwing the pooch on this one. This'll be the 2nd spring/summer JK's have been out and they don't have this mainstay of an accessory available :shaking:. I really wish they had some competition out there.....of course I'm sure the Element door/skin combo'll be available for quite awhile before the full soft doors. Gotta make sure they offer the higher priced one with no other options to help sales out......

·
Registered
51 Posts
The thing I don't understand is with them dragging their feet so bad why someone else hasn't jumped in and built some. The first one to market usually stays number one and clearly Bestop could careless about bringing their JK products to market...a company that big shouldn't take two years to come out with products that they already have the prototypes for.

I finally gave up on them and started building my own tube doors this week but I would really prefer to have the two piece soft doors, I've just never done fabric and windows. I might try anyway but I would prefer to buy them.

Medsker

·
Registered
27 Posts
I contacted Bestop a couple days ago about the soft doors and got this response...

Thank You
Bestop Customer Service

I hope so! I want the soft doors bad! I asked during Camp Jeep and they said FY 08. Emailed Bestop in November and they said coming soon.

I want the option when wheeling to take them off quick. When heading up to PA to wheel at Rausch, the PA police have given a few in out club tickets for no doors. I can't throw 4 half doors in the back of my rig and wheel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As for the feet dragging, at Camp Jeep I talked with Bestop about them at their booth. They stated that it was a difficult design with the 4dr since they had to ensure they closed tight. They'll come I'm sure, I just hop they don't end up weight 15lbs each to make them close properly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
They stated that it was a difficult design with the 4dr since they had to ensure they closed tight.
Once again, the 4 doors hold up production again!:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
They stated that it was a difficult design with the 4dr since they had to ensure they closed tight.
This is true. In the older Jeeps there was a surface to seal to facing out to the sides of the vehicle. The JK doorjambs don't have that surface the jambs face front to rear, so it is very hard to come up with a practical and cost effective design for a door that seals tight.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thank You
Bestop Customer Service

What the hell come out with them after summer? Way to think it through Best Top (ass hats) Are you thinkin wait til the 2009's are out?

It's not that the demand isn't there they never even attempted to find out. Did you see them at Sema NO!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope so! I want the soft doors bad! I asked during Camp Jeep and they said FY 08. Emailed Bestop in November and they said coming soon.

I want the option when wheeling to take them off quick. When heading up to PA to wheel at Rausch, the PA police have given a few in out club tickets for no doors. I can't throw 4 half doors in the back of my rig and wheel.
That is exactly what I was thinking. They sell the **** out of them for TJ's, YJ's and CJ's :pissed:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
You should all be patient...Bestop knows what's best for the JK, and they do have their economic future to think of first...as I speak, they are tooling up for a new revision of their most popular and sought after accessory...the Humjob hood applique...there will be some cosmetic changes, and will now be offered in grey, silver tone, faux chrome, AND for the piece de resistance, a version where there will be moving air intakes, that will open and close, depending on how much throttle you apply...they believe that very few people are really interested in soft doors, full, half, or otherwise, or the useless and slow moving upper half glass doors...or who cares that the rear duster doesn't fit properly unless you remove all hardware...I mean, why bother, it's a Jeep thing and nobody needs no stinkin' top...why they just may very well get out of the top business, 'cause the only thing that sells are retractable side steps, hood appliques, and few other cosmetic accessories....:shaking::stirthepot::rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should all be patient...Bestop knows what's best for the JK, and they do have their economic future to think of first...as I speak, they are tooling up for a new revision of their most popular and sought after accessory...the Humjob hood applique...there will be some cosmetic changes, and will now be offered in grey, silver tone, faux chrome, AND for the piece de resistance, a version where there will be moving air intakes, that will open and close, depending on how much throttle you apply...they believe that very few people are really interested in soft doors, full, half, or otherwise, or the useless and slow moving upper half glass doors...or who cares that the rear duster doesn't fit properly unless you remove all hardware...I mean, why bother, it's a Jeep thing and nobody needs no stinkin' top...why they just may very well get out of the top business, 'cause the only thing that sells are retractable side steps, hood appliques, and few other cosmetic accessories....:shaking::stirthepot::rolleyes:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts