JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have a company truck I really only drive the Jeep on the weekends. Anyone know if there is a Jeep cover that will cover the whole Jeep? Thak you in advance.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Just remember that any part of the paint that comes in contact with a cover will be dulled just from the cover moving as the wind pushes it around. But then if you are parked outside then the cover may be less damaging than the sunlight.

My point is simply this. The reason a new car's paint gets dull and old looking is from the things that touch it. It takes a long time but every micro scratch will cause this. Over the years they add up and the finish looks dull. So why speed that process up.

I remember the nose bras that were popular in the 80s. I worked at a Ferrari dealer and I have seen the paint under the 'protective nose bra' rubbed dull and in need of a repaint.

Just my .02:beer:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mine sits in storage quite a bit too.....I have an old cover from my Grand Cherokee (01) that I put over it and it covers everything pretty well. Hangs down to the middle of the wheels on both sides, covers the winch and bumper in front and spare on the rear.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
He said he wants a full cover. Not a trail cover.
Yea, and he lives in Maryland, near me, and if he leaves his top off through the week he'll need protection from the elements. Both covers I described and linked provide the protection, one better than the other.

Both address the issue of paint scratching and fade raised by Texaskev as well, one better than the other, since neither has the extent of body panel cantact a full cover does.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking for a full cover since it would be covered for 5 days a week. Sw a few rampage, value line, and rugged ridge. All are 3-layer. Anyone have experience with either one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.