JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I dented my Fuel Tank Skid - How much is too much? Should I pull it off and pound it out? Is the fuel tank only supported by the skid plate on the 2017 JKU? Thanks in advance for the responses

Attachments

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
You're still good. I put a RROR skid system on and it is even bashed in. I have lost a few gallons capacity over the years but no leaks so far. I still don't know why they didn't at least raise it up to the bottom of the frame rails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.. I won't bother banging it out then. Ill just spray it with some paint to prevent rust

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Mine now only holds 18 gallons....but it works fine. lots more dents than that, so you are good to go.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Mine now only holds 18 gallons....but it works fine. lots more dents than that, so you are good to go.
I was researching about raising the fuel tank up and came across a thread that said even though the tank says 22.5 gallons most people can only pump in about 18 to 18.5 gallons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rolled into the gas station just as the low fuel light turned on last night.. I was able to pump 18.1 gallons

·
Registered
10 Posts
very interesting

Actually got 20 in a 4dr! There is a built in reserve capacity, and you may think you're on fumes buuut not quite yet. All the nervous nellies can pack a spare gallon can of gas and ride until it sputters! Running it out completely isn't recommended but listed capacity is accurate so far as I can tell. Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts