JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, my 2007 jk just died in the driveway, was running perfectly earlier in the day. At first would crank and fire and then die in a second or two, did this a couple of times and now just cranks without start. I suspect there was just residual fuel in the system that got it to fire a couple of times. So before I went and replaced the fuel pump I did some testing on the fuse box. I am getting power to the fuel pump relay fuse (so I assume power is at least getting tho the relay) but there is no power at the fuse for the fuel pump. I am suspecting that the relay is bad (which doesn't look good since it's not a simple pull and replace by the look of it). Am I right in suspecting this or am I missing something.

I have listed at the fuel filler opening for while wife turned the key to listen for the fuel pump to prime (which I read you should be able to hear) but there is no sound at all. I have also notice a ticking noise with the ignition on in the vicinity of the fuel rail or more to the back drivers side of the engine bay (can't quite pick it).

Cheers for any help

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
have ya hooked up a tuner or app ( Torque) or used built in diag to pull troublecodes ? Something like faulty fuel pump module should throw code.
How about engine mngmnt and other electrical connectors ?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hi Guys, my 2007 jk just died in the driveway, was running perfectly earlier in the day. At first would crank and fire and then die in a second or two, did this a couple of times and now just cranks without start. I suspect there was just residual fuel in the system that got it to fire a couple of times. So before I went and replaced the fuel pump I did some testing on the fuse box. I am getting power to the fuel pump relay fuse (so I assume power is at least getting tho the relay) but there is no power at the fuse for the fuel pump. I am suspecting that the relay is bad (which doesn't look good since it's not a simple pull and replace by the look of it). Am I right in suspecting this or am I missing something.

I have listed at the fuel filler opening for while wife turned the key to listen for the fuel pump to prime (which I read you should be able to hear) but there is no sound at all. I have also notice a ticking noise with the ignition on in the vicinity of the fuel rail or more to the back drivers side of the engine bay (can't quite pick it).

Cheers for any help
Does your JK have the 3.8L gasoline engine?

You refer to two separate fuses for the fuel pump: the fuel pump relay fuse, and the fuel pump fuse.
Please go into more detail on that.

The fuel pump relay is soldered to the circuit board inside the TIPM (fuse box). There is no fuse for that relay.
Fuse M25 protects the circuit between the TIPM and the fuel pump.

Did you probe the M25 fuse for 12 volts with the ignition on?

Regarding the starting and dying after a couple seconds, that often indicates the Wireless Control Module (WCM) is not recognizing the transducer in the key. Pulling up on the the Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse for a second or two, then making sure it is fully seated, may reset the WCM, if that is the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts