JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a fuel kill switch for anti-theft protection. I want to use a remote type switch that I can hide anywhere. I found this online. I've done very little with electrical. I have looked for write-ups on this type of switch, but haven't found any. Will this switch work?
http://www.oznium.com/remote-switch

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
go to the 12volt dot com and under security or relays they will have diagrams on how to wire them up. back in the day we used the cigarette lighter as the switch, you could no longer use the lighter function but when you pushed it all the way in it would trip the relay and you could start it. no one would ever figure that you need to either have a cigarette lighter to start it much less have to push it in for it to start. it was also nice because if you didn't want to mess with it while wheeling or whatever you just leave it pushed in all the time. make sure it is fed off of ONLY switchedpower that still gets 12v's WHILE cranking. most people think ok it has 12volts when only the key is on but for starter and fuel interrupt's to work they still need 129 while cranking to keep the relay tripped.

we also used parking lights, high beam, and the brake light switches as triggers as well as some hidden pressure sensors that you had to know exactly where to push to activate. you can also do a combination of them to make it that much harder. good luck and stay away from test lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts