JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On cylinders 1,3,5 it's at 3200 to 3700 on cylinders 2,4,6 it's up to 4000 to 4200. Is this enough to cause p0300 multi misfire? When i hit the gas while in gear my jk falls flat on its face.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
My best guess is that the modified PW is a symptom of the misfire, not a cause.

Others might be able to chime in, but when looking for misfires, I think... plugs/coils/carbon deposits/fuel quality/knock sensor... etc...

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
hear any popping ( electric-like) or crackles underchood or , in complete darkness visual blue arcing under hood around plug wires?
Most replaced item - before I started running heat shielding ,plug boots (& stopped using an antiquated , wire eating set of cheap plug boot pliers that also cut tiny holes in the grey boots ) -on my '11 unlimited was the spark plug wiring . Yours being a multi makes me suspect the wiring and the ignition pack itself .
Plugs can get wider and wider gapping from heat and age, too.
Like mentioned , cleaning top end helps but this sounds like the coilpack may have gotten heat damaged? Just throwing options out for ya :jeep2:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Have you left it parked for any extended times? I spent about 6 months away working, then a couple more. I filled ip about 2 times in 2 years. I killed my battery and started getting massive powerloss and misfires. Had the tank drained and all was good again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
also if you have recently fueled up make sure you didnt get bad fuel and have a water in the fuel issue.
if you fuel while the tanker is depositing fuel or right after you can get a lot of crap in the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts