JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flew down to Amarillo this weekend and had the great fortune of flying AA on my way back.
Flight was scheduled to go Amarillo dfw at 7pm then connect to Seattle. Flight comes in, unloads and they announce a trouble light and it'll be a short delay before they board us. 10 minutes later they announce they have to call in a mechanic to sign off before we can go anywhere. Tragically, it's Sunday night and the mechanic is in Mexico somewhere getting his knob polished because it took 2.5 hours for him to show up.
The counter agent was cool and after telling me id miss my connecting flight, gave me vouchers for a Dallas hotel and some food. Got into Dallas just before midnight, Taxied to the 'hotel' and the place is crazy..10 people ahead of me waiting to check in, ALL of them AA passengers from different flights! Wtf?!
30 minutes later, I get room key and head to elevator...smells like piss, and there is an empty 40 in the corner. Get off on my floor to greet the overwhelming stench of stale cigarettes...pubes on the bathroom floor etc...a fucking pit.
Next day, head to the airport, hop on plane and....yeah, you guessed it sorry folks we have a small maintenance problem and it's going to take a few minutes to get sorted out. Sat there for over an hour while they fixed whatever was wrong.
Got home 18 hours later, among the people I spoke to, there were no fewer than 6 separate AA flights having mechanical issues ....these fuckers are broke dick airframes.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Sorry that you had to travel to Amarillo, that's not an easy place to get to no matter how you do it. I quit flying AA a while back because of the issues that they are having. I worry about shit falling off the old fleat that they have. I fly Southwest when I can.

The shitty thing is that you could have flowen back from England in way less time! HA! That sucks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously! I could have nearly driven home in that amount of time. The final insult?....
I emailed AA about my experience, got a reply with an offer for a $200 travel voucher!? The ticket cost me $600 + a lost day of work, + $50 in cab fare, +$35 parking fees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts