JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
I used the Expedition One Hi-clearance Rubi plate. Extremely strong.

· Registered
490 Posts
Its not really a skid plate, its more of an air dam. Its designed to direct air under the vehicle in a more aerodynamic manner. I believe this also creates a lower pressure area behind and above it at highway speeds. This means a greater air pressure difference between the front and the back of the radiator resulting in more flow through the radiator. I have noticed since I tore it off my hood lifts at highway speeds more than it used to.

· Broker by the Minute
3,822 Posts
I don't run a skid plate. Even my steel ones have folded. Now I am waiting for my electronic swaybar disconnect mechanizim to grenade (the wiring is almost toast now) so I can eliminate it and go to manual swaybar disconnects since the automatic one still allows me to rip the swaybar links off the axle. ;) Then I will replace the missing skidplate with something a little more stout, after I remove other extraneous metal hangups down there.

· Registered
324 Posts
I had the Skidrow skid on my stock bumper. It was fine and I had no issues with it. Then I got a River Raider Trail series bumper & it has all that built in. Very solid. You can buy the Skid Row skid in black now, that way it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
I went with the Rugged Ridge skid. It protects my sway bar motor and was easy to install. Not sure the Skidrow wraps all the way under as needed. If you dont have the sway motor though there is no need for a front skid unless you just want it.

· Registered
394 Posts
My LoD bumper has one built in. I was going to see about getting one fabed if i kept my stock bumper much longer. That was before I saw Rugged Ridge now has one that will work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.