JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm in the process of replacing my old lift kit, and I found this problem. Any ideas on how to repair it?

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Ahem.........this is the Dirty Laundry section where you come to bitch. Newbies are expected to go to the Welcome section and introduce themselves. If they have a tech question like you do they would go to either General Discussion section or Stock or Modified Tech sections. Pull your Hotel out of your Alpha.:x

I would definitely not get under that Jeep with that jackor you may find your Molar mass 90.08 g/mol different than what they taught you in school and a huge puddle of 2-Hydroxypropanoic acid. Heavy duty Jack stands and a floor jack are the safe way. If you can't weld either learn or find an offroad shop that does and let them repair it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahem.........this is the Dirty Laundry section where you come to bitch. Newbies are expected to go to the Welcome section and introduce themselves. If they have a tech question like you do they would go to either General Discussion section or Stock or Modified Tech sections. Pull your Hotel out of your Alpha.:x

I would definitely not get under that Jeep with that jack. Heavy duty Jack stands and a floor jack are the safe way.
Whoops! I'm sorry. Posted in the wrong sub forum. My bad.
@RubiCajun, thank you for making me feel so welcome! Jack stands are there, you just can't see them.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Sounds like you're pissed:crying: at me for commenting based on your verbiage and the only photo supplied in your first post. Had you posted the second picture with the first post my comment would have been way different with the exception of introducing your self. Its considered polite to go to welcome first on any forum and then suck info from members.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Sorry. My safety and health background is what drove me to the jack and jackstand comments. Dirt man gave good advice. Relying on my NDT materials failure background I would guess that the failure initiated from a loose bolt that wallowed out the hole to the point of failure. A periodic check of bolt torques wouldn't hurt. Prior to welding ensure that the HAZ is buffed to shiny metal. It would not hurt to back weld the brackets. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I have a patient that used to weld, and has retired. I'm sure he'll love to mess with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts