JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know if the front seat attachment bolts on the passenger side (the four that bolt it to the floor) have captive nuts or not. In other words, if I remove one of them, will the nut fall out or will I be able to reinstall the bolt and tighten it without having to remove the gas tank.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No captive nuts. I've had mine out many times.
So the nuts aren't attached to the underside of the floorboard in any way? If I understand correctly then, if I remove the bolts, the nuts will fall free and it looks like I'd have to remove the gas tank to reinstall them. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
343 Posts
So the nuts aren't attached to the underside of the floorboard in any way? If I understand correctly then, if I remove the bolts, the nuts will fall free and it looks like I'd have to remove the gas tank to reinstall them. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!
Sorry guess I did not word that right, the nuts are welded to the tub. they will not fall away.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guess I did not word that right, the nuts are welded to the tub. they will not fall away.
Thanks! That was what I was hoping for. I just wasn't quite sure if I read your first reply correctly or not. Thanks for clearing it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts