JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the early mornings when it is cold my front locker light flashes on the dash for the first 1-2 miles of driving. This occurs when the overnight temps get aron 35-40 degrees. Today, on the way home I was somehow able to get to about 80 mph with my minivan motor and it began to flash again. Any ideas. I am going to drain and change the oil with synthetic but thought I would also check with you all before I do so, what wieght would you recomend?

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I not sure what the problem is with yours. I live right out of fresno and never had that issue. Did you have the gears replaced? The manual says you can run 75/140 SYN. I tried it but was unhappy with the metal i found on the drain plug magnet after running it, so i went back to 80/90.

·
Registered
592 Posts
There is a ring around the locker that pulles a sensor out when you engage the locker that makes the light turn on. The ring spins with the locker and I bet the cold thick oil around the ring is pulling the sensor out. Its probably not hurting any thing. You can maybe switch to a lighter viscosity oil.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goat, thanks for the info. I agree, I dont think it is hurting anything, as soon as I am out of the neighborhood, it turns off. I thought I might just swap out the gear oil prior to Moab anyway. Recomendations?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.