JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i actually have swapped in a front jk 44 into my 2000tj. i have swapped out the gears to 4.88 and now the front end is locked on me. i thought when i hooked up the electrical connection it might dissengage the locker but that hasn't worrked either. any advice on how to unlock this?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
So you are saying that you have an electric locker in this axle? and it is in the locked position, right? Not the axle is seized or something?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
i actually have swapped in a front jk 44 into my 2000tj. i have swapped out the gears to 4.88 and now the front end is locked on me. i thought when i hooked up the electrical connection it might dissengage the locker but that hasn't worrked either. any advice on how to unlock this?
You likely have the sensor plunger set up incorrectly and pushing against the plate on the side gear which will force the side gear to engage and lock it up.

If you are not going to use the sensor to tell you when it's locked, simply remove it and blank the hole off with a short bolt.

If you are going to use the sensor, then you to need to fix it, which means some fiddling about or pulling the diff.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
BTW The sensor plunger is the upper one, remove it and I bet you are instantly unlocked.

When installing the diff you need to make sure that the plate on the side gear goes over plunger, otherwise the plunger will push against it and cause it to lock up. It is pretty common for this to get messed up when installing the diff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.