JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
By coil do you mean the solenoid? Hope not, you cannot get them separately. Something like $1700 for a new assembly. Jeep really screwed us on this one.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I've tried for months to find someone who will sell the solenoid separately with no luck. I have tried Chrysler and Jeep customer service and filed complaints. I have also called Dana-Spicer with no luck as well as GKN. I just got through filing a complaint with the TN Motor Vehicles Division. It's ridiculous that parts for these things are not available separately.

I encourage everyone who has had problems with these to call and file a complaint with Jeep/Chrysler.....anyone still under warranty want to swap a bad for good?

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
I remember reading someone found a solenoid from Nissan dealer that was the same one used but don't remember where or if they were successful.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
That was me. I was given that part number by Spicer, ordered it and it turned out to be the plastic electrical connecter that mounts to the housing and connects the inner wire to the outer wire, for $100. I called Spicer back (who wasn't thrilled about talking to the general public) and then they said pretty much tuff luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts