JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a new front bumper. Something simple in design with D-ring and possibly a winch mount. Also stubby, with ability to add end caps. Reasonably priced for the people on a budget. pics would be nice...
Thank you

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
sounds like Rugged Ridge is your ticket. Stubby bumper, winch mount (or light mounts), uses factory fogs and has the ability to bolt on end caps, and other things like a grille hoop and stinger and I think a brush guard looking thing.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I'm scratching my head here... The only one that fits that description, particularly the "ability to add end caps" and the "Reasonably priced for the people on a budget" - There's only one bumper that fits those requests, and that is the Rugged Ridge. But I think you already knew that.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am also buying a bumper in the next week or two and have decided to go w/ Fabtech. I found it on Quadratech, part # is 12046.200 $359 w/ free shipping!!
(couldnt post a pic...sorry)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm scratching my head here... The only one that fits that description, particularly the "ability to add end caps" and the "Reasonably priced for the people on a budget" - There's only one bumper that fits those requests, and that is the Rugged Ridge. But I think you already knew that.
Agreed - it seems the requirements were designed around one specific bumper, and maybe the OP was looking for _any_ other bumper that offered the same features? (None that I know.)

I'm all for supporting American businesses and such, but let's be honest - the steel for your bumper is most likely made in China or India, and RR probably has a lot more U.S. employees than a small fab shop in Nevada -- an order of magnitude at least, I suspect. (No offense Cary, but you took it here.) People tend to assume that "made in china" means "no american hands involved in this product," when that is rarely the case.

And I'll vouch for the quality of the RR bumper, in a year I've abused the hell out of mine, and it keeps taking it. First time I took it out I slammed it into a jagged rock face, and it just got a little dent.

!c

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I bought the one from Smittybilt, I like the style and it can handle up to a 10k winch, (even though I have a 12k on it). Heres a pic.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
In the market for a new front bumper. Something simple in design with D-ring and possibly a winch mount. Also stubby, with ability to add end caps. Reasonably priced for the people on a budget. pics would be nice...
Thank you
Like the others said, sounds like you just gave a product description of a rugged ridge modular front stubby
simple design - check
d-rings - check
winch mount - check
stubby - check
add end caps (or wings, stinger, prerunner bar, winch hoop, etc) - check
reasonably priced ($369)- check
http://www.trailduty.com/product_info.php?cPath=113_130_354&products_id=724
I'm totally happy with mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts