JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Looks good but I'm not sure if you can get the lower control arm out without grinding them off. I did something similar but stopped shy of the center.

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
Both look like great protection, I can't wait to see Skidrow's this Saturday(I'll be up there) for the final fit. I haven't seen them yet because he used another JK for all fab / designing. I know I have hit & bent them up quite a bit,, can't wait for this protection.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
My mounts are all bent to ****...Gotta find some one to get them back in shape and box them all up like this.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My mounts are all bent to ****...Gotta find some one to get them back in shape and box them all up like this.
Dude, Trabuco will do that to a Jeep. :grinpimp: I think Mel has cut a few off and relocated them up top... (edit: I say this and lo and behold what's on the front page of the "other" forum... man, I wish Mel was over here... Jason, have you seen ORE's product line up? Mel has been busy with CAD this last year!)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have done that to all my TJ axles with stock mounts. Works well until you scrap all the brackets and use RE or PP's much beefier stuff. Eventually they will tear at the tube.

Currie used to have little prestamped plates for that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's what I did. I can still get the control arms out. The bar across is what I hook the tiedowns to when it goes on the trailer, which is very seldom. I also welded the sides of the bracket to the axle that Jeep didn't 'cause I've had to weld a friend's back when it fell the heck off coming out of the Rubicon Trail. I've included before and after pictures. I had to take the original skid off when I replaced the stock lower arms with larger Terraflex adjustable ones, hence the extra material on one of the welded shots. If your mounts are bent, it could be a short time before they break off unless you get the other side of the mount welded.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I just wanted to give a heads up for anybody installing plates on the control arm mounts. Most aftermarket control arms extend past the edges of the bracket. If you plan on installing new control arms, make sure you account for this and leave room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts