JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Placerville, CA. This is where gold was discovered in 1848 in CA and we live on 12 acres about 3 miles from that spot. Sadly, all the easy gold is gone but we have gold in two of the best rock crawling trails in the Sierra Nevada mountains. The Rubicon Trail is about 30 minutes away and the Fordyce Trail is about an hour thirty away. Fordyce is where I spend most of my time, being we have a family cabin up near Donner Pass in Kingvale, CA and have spent the past 50 years hiking, biking, wheeling and generally exploring that area.

In the garage today we have the newest toy, an '07 Rubicon in Gun Metal Blue (my description), Freedom top, lifted 3" with some nice Procomp rims sporting 35" BFG All Terrains, Fab4 matching front and rear bumpers with a Warn CE XD9000i up front and swing out oversize tire carrier in the rear. Inside is fairly stock - 4 grab handles and a nice set of tool bag's hanging inside the rear tailgate. Still looking for a spot for the 2M radio. This thing will see some serious rocks this summer as my buddy is picking up a used '08 Rubi with a long arm kit Memorial Day weekend. We've been wheelin' together for 30 years now and have been Jeepless for well over 15 years!

Also in the garage and weighing in at a whopping 7,000 lbs. is my 5 year frame off restoration project, a 1952 M37 1 ton Army Truck, with the sewing machine like 92HP straight six 230 CID powerplant and OEM Braden PTO winch. Geared with 5:83's this thing will crawl up anything but won't go much faster than 45 mph. I swear this thing is the original Hummer. This puppy will be restored as stock as possible with the exception of the four wheel disc brakes and proportioning valve already converted. It will become my July 4th and parade truck. I have another complete frame and body which I'd love to plant some D60's under and mate a Cummins 4BT to an NV4500 I have laying around for it and do that as the serious crawling machine. But I'm short on both time and money so they both continue to sit....

So if your coming out for the Jeepers Jamboree or Sierra Trek, or if your just comin' to wheel without the big groups, let me know and maybe we can grab a :beer: and compare rigs. Cheers.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Welcome to JKO. Post pics sometime. Of the M37 to!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome bud.

Sent via Morse Code using my iJeep

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang

Let me work on a public site. Sorry about that folks. :pissed:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts