JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I Love these fenders but give me a fricking break with those nutserts.

That little flat bar they give you to set those back nutserts is a joke, so now I have fronts installed - No problem there.

But have a new jeep with no back fenders because I cant get the damn nutserts to set.

I hate to buy a rivet tool to set 18 rivets ( 9 per side ) so I guess I am going to contact the local body shop and see if they cant install the 18 serts.

· Registered
291 Posts
Man I Love these fenders but give me a fricking break with those nutserts.

That little flat bar they give you to set those back nutserts is a joke, so now I have fronts installed - No problem there.

But have a new jeep with no back fenders because I cant get the damn nutserts to set.

I hate to buy a rivet tool to set 18 rivets ( 9 per side ) so I guess I am going to contact the local body shop and see if they cant install the 18 serts.
A nutsert tool from Harbor Freight is probably cheaper than the body shop visit.

· Registered
13,219 Posts
That HF tool I have is a piece of crap. I used a cordless impact with a large nut under a bolt head, washer behind it, lock washer behind that against the nutsert. Use a wrench on the larger nut to push against the nutsert/lock washer and rack it with a cordless.

Though now that i have the real rivet tool..that thing is awesome.

· Registered
4,207 Posts
I used their tool but replaced the bolt with a SS one, and used a washer under the head, which replaced several times. I had best luck holding the tool with the closed end of a wrench and running down the rivnut with a 3/8" impact. Trying to set them by hand was a "monkey screwing a football" comedy routine.

· Registered
4,207 Posts
Wanted to add that despite the PITA install these Xenons seem to be pretty tough articles. I've whacked the crap out of my rear ones and they've taken it in stride.

· JKO Dickhead
3,526 Posts
I broke down and bought a decent riv nut tool. . . Let me know if you want to use it.... Just pay to have it shipped.

Although someone probably has one closer to you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.