JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my co- workers was at an auto shop yesterday and saw a bar with 5 daylightersounted on it sticking out of the dumpster. The guy working there said that they still work, so she snagged it for me. WOO HOO!!

There's a little surface rust, so I'll hafta sand & paint em but I think it should work out. Looks like it'll fit on my grill perfectly with minimal cutting too.

So what do I need to get these puppies lit up?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
474 Posts
A title that doesn't make me think ur giving away free lights :thefinger:

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
I use 14 gauge wire on my lights. You can get relays that have dual terminals so you can use one relay for two lights. I'm sure a little searching will turn up some wiring diagrams that will help you out.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use 14 gauge wire on my lights. You can get relays that have dual terminals so you can use one relay for two lights. I'm sure a little searching will turn up some wiring diagrams that will help you out.
Too funny, that was going to be one of my next questions, since I want 2 of them to run in connection with my stock fogs and the other 3 to run on a different switch. I'll start my seaching and post back when I get confused.

Shouldn't take long

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
474 Posts
So these are lights that I'm not sure work. I'm told they work but I only believe what I can see. Would hooking them up to a voltmeter tell me if they work? I'm pretty sure hooking them straight to the battery would fry them, so how do I make sure these even work before I go through the entire install?
you can hook them up to a batt for testing no problem . .they're 12v so just take the two leads and put one on (+) and one on (-) lol . . . it wont make a difference in polarity either (meaning it wont fry it. . so if one way doesnt work then try switching the positive and negative leads just to be sure. . . best bet would be to fuse it but if you're smart and just testing then you'll be fine without one.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you can hook them up to a batt for testing no problem . .they're 12v so just take the two leads and put one on (+) and one on (-) lol . . . it wont make a difference in polarity either (meaning it wont fry it. . so if one way doesnt work then try switching the positive and negative leads just to be sure. . . best bet would be to fuse it but if you're smart and just testing then you'll be fine without one.
So you're saying I CAN book em straight to a jeep battery to test em?

Something tells me you're still mad i'm not giving away free lights...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Congrats of the good find..the friend who's looking out for you and the lights!!!:beer:

Oh, and in case you're still looking for re-assurance on testing the light's. YES you can hook'em up to the battery to test them.

·
Registered
474 Posts
So you're saying I CAN book em straight to a jeep battery to test em?

Something tells me you're still mad i'm not giving away free lights...
yes to both :thefinger:

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ouch - too spendy! I'm both too cheap and too broke to buy one of those.

yes to both :thefinger:
LOL. I swore you were screwing with me just to see the
"Holyfuckinshit, I just blew up a light in my hands!" post afterwards.

So I can touch the +/- wires straight to the terminals on the battery and if they work, I should see the lamps work? I want to be really sure I'm doing it right, since I have no interest in being lit up by a Jeep battery.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts