JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the JK frames are made, stored, or ???

My 07's new frame through the dealer was supposed to arrive today but has been postponed till the 28th now with a note "due to weather". Parts guy speculated it's coming from the southern part of the states dealing with the flooding but couldn't verify over the phone with me.

Anyone have any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,241 Posts
I thought Hyundai made the frames in Ohio. My guess is yours is coming from storage somewhere else.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So.... stilllllllllllllllllll waiting. Delayed two more times.

Talking with the dealer they state that the frames are built to order from the supplier... but the dealer can't contact the supplier directly, only Mopar/Fiat/Chryser can, so the dealer doesn't actually know who/where it's coming from.

So.... aggravating. But kinda makes sense. I don't see them stock piling frames for 12yr old Wranglers anywhere so made-to-order makes sense. Now, if its due to weather as they state because the midwest has become an extension of the Gulf of Mexico then I guess I'll continue waiting. If it's made in Toledo (which I have concluded they aren't built there for older models) then fuck me.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called MoparPartsOverstock.com and talked to them. Gave them the rundown with my situation. He found his warehouse in Milwaukee has 53 2012+ JK frames in stock (a frame for 07 was back ordered through him too). He's calling to verify they have them and if so I'll be canceling through my dealer and going with MPO.

My frame doesn't need to be an 07 because I don't need those engine mounts. Wish the dealer woulda been more cooperative in finding me a frame instead of "we can only go by your VIN"... fuckers.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frame arrived today. Still got it through the dealer. Funny cause the day I call the overstock place the dealer calls me and says they were notifies it would be here today.

Overstock said they would be getting the frame from the " Milwaukee warehouse" most likely, but pre 11's were back ordered.
Guess where this one from the dealer came from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts