JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy the new Poly Stage 4 lift ( [url]http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Poly-Performance-Jeep-JK-Stage-4-Synergy-Long-Arm-Suspension-System-3.0-7.0-Lift-p-20948.html[/URL] ) but need some advice from someone who has Fox Shocks experience. My JK will be my DD but work is only 2 miles away, will run 37s on duel 44s and Colorado is my playground. So the question of the day is... Should I go for the Fox remote reservoir or the Fox remote reservoir w/CD adjustment? Price really isn't the deciding factor I just am looking to make the best choice to build it right. Fox's website really isn't much help and I couldn't find any JKers review of the shocks. Thanks

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Get the adjustable. If you do any kind of wheeling in the rocks, the non-adjustable is a poor choice.

The non-adjustable Fox Reserviors seem to be valved more for high-speed driving and don't react well when climbing through rocks.

With the adjustable ones, you get the best of both worlds. I set mine to "1" in the rocks, and "4" on the street. I still have not tried them in the dunes or on long stretches of washboard, but Im sure you could find the right setting for those too. They are very versitile and a high quality unit, but pricey.

But if you are not going to get the adjustable ones, you are better off just getting the poly shocks for $100 that are tuned for the JK.

P4181330[1].JPG

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
The Fox adjustable shocks work very well. The adjuster dial really makes a huge difference in stiffness from one end of the dial to the other. I've been impressed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the honest replies. The guys over at Poly pretty much sold me on these. Looks like they are the shocks I'll go with.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Just to repeat what already was said, get the adjustable ones, you will definitely appreciate the ability to adjust them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts