JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has them and what settings are you using?
I just picked up a set of 2.5s for an unbelievable price and I am looking for some insight.
As always thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Insight on what? Install, tuning, valving, coil set up? What were they set up for and how did you get such deal on them? Coil rates, travel, valving. IF you bought a set set up for a 3/4 ton truck or buggy you didn't get a deal as it will be totally wrong for a jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insight on what? Install, tuning, valving, coil set up? What were they set up for and how did you get such deal on them? Coil rates, travel, valving. IF you bought a set set up for a 3/4 ton truck or buggy you didn't get a deal as it will be totally wrong for a jeep.
Well Dirtman , if I bought a set for a 3/4 ton truck it wouldn't be on here. Yes I got a smoking deal on 4 fox 2.5 DSC shocks for a JK . 2.5 to 4in lift and was wondering if anyone had them and had any input on how to set them.
How I came across them ? Guy had them on a Jeep that got totaled and He no longer owns a jeep.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
You would be surprised on what people will buy for a deal and try to make work which most of the time they end up spending way more then new.

You would set these up just like any other coil over shock. Find your sprung weight on each corner, determine your desired ride height and up down ratio. This will determine your coil rates and your angles. Then figure out how you are going to mount the 2.5" coil overs on your set up. The two knobs up top really don't have anything to do with set up and give you a limited amount of adjustment for personal preference on a generic valve pack.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would be surprised on what people will buy for a deal and try to make work which most of the time they end up spending way more then new.

You would set these up just like any other coil over shock. Find your sprung weight on each corner, determine your desired ride height and up down ratio. This will determine your coil rates and your angles. Then figure out how you are going to mount the 2.5" coil overs on your set up. The two knobs up top really don't have anything to do with set up and give you a limited amount of adjustment for personal preference on a generic valve pack.
Thier not cos man just the shock .

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Just a regular shock with dual compression adjusters. Just put them on and play with the setting until you like the ride. The roads, coils, trails, and weight all affect the ride and the knobs will give you a small bit of tuning on the compression side. IF you like a soft ride turn them down, if you want to keep from bottoming out increase the compression. Accutune has a good tech page on these adjusters and how they work.
How Fox DSC Dual Speed Compression Adjusters Work - With DATA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts