JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts

I haven't caught it. Just boring?
I've seen other stuff he's been host or involved in & it's been alright.
Alot has to do w/ whomever is producing a show like that . Budget for writing or proofing , etc.
I don't know him but I've seen Ian's stuff in person ( he has tested builds at one of my home parks) & he can fabricate legitimately.He can wheel,too.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't caught it. Just boring?
I've seen other stuff he's been host or involved in & it's been alright.
Alot has to do w/ whomever is producing a show like that . Budget for writing or proofing , etc.
I don't know him but I've seen Ian's stuff in person ( he has tested builds at one of my home parks) & he can fabricate legitimately.He can wheel,too.
I think is a combination of things:

Production sucks. They play some cheesy music during fast forward in time montages which is annoying.
The studio seems to be less lit than his other show. Just doesnt feel as lively.
Add to that, Ian's attitude seems less energetic. To me it feels like "Im been doing this for over a decade. Im a little gassed"
They have less sponsorship and they wont plug those who arent sponsoring. He is installed Spidertrax axles and wont mention the brand. For some reason, that irks me.

Yes I know thats a lot of complaining. This is shit shat after all...

·
Registered
527 Posts
You need to remember these shows are a business. If they mention something they bought, it means someone is getting free advertising, and they got paid to be mentioned. It makes perfect sense to not mention what they use, if it wasnt a promotional or advertising item. As the show becomes established, just watch what happens.

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
I think is a combination of things:

Production sucks. They play some cheesy music during fast forward in time montages which is annoying.
The studio seems to be less lit than his other show. Just doesnt feel as lively.
Add to that, Ian's attitude seems less energetic. To me it feels like "Im been doing this for over a decade. Im a little gassed"
They have less sponsorship and they wont plug those who arent sponsoring. He is installed Spidertrax axles and wont mention the brand. For some reason, that irks me.

Yes I know thats a lot of complaining. This is shit shat after all...

no, you're spot on to be critical. I'm noticing less quality in production ,too, especially in television media. The focus isn't just on marketing for tv any more & I can imagine what you reference , aesthetics-wise. it can mean watchability versus a cringeworthy program

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to remember these shows are a business. If they mention something they bought, it means someone is getting free advertising, and they got paid to be mentioned. It makes perfect sense to not mention what they use, if it wasnt a promotional or advertising item. As the show becomes established, just watch what happens.
Oh I get its a business but lets be real this isnt going to be the last time Ian uses Spidertrax axles and it isnt the first. Im sure he had some rapport with Spidertrax from all the times he used them on Xtreme. They should have named them and then said "hey first one is on us" especially if they are trying to build their new reputation up. Guess I do business differently...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just watched episode 1. Not sure when it was produced but I wonder if Ian’s (lack of better term) enthusiasm is from Jessie’s passing.

He doesn’t seem like he was on the other shows. I haven’t met him but I have buddies back east that have and said he was a great guy.

Curious to see how this show is after a few episodes. I’m just starting episode 2 now.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Got to episode 3.

Ian is finally showing a little enthusiasm.
He still doesnt mention the company by name but the logo is blatantly displayed now. Kinda funny to watch him not actually mention the company.

Has Ian got sum' Edtardo goin' on ?

No pay , no play .

I really don't think I would step in a pile of dog shit without gettin' paid for it in the situation that these advertising info-commercials go.

The purpose of these types of endorsement how to productions are looking for production dollars .
Notice how empty the walls of the building are , then look at the walls of the established productions , there is a reason .
Think about the body of a pro class race vehicle , there will be additions to the walls and the scripts when a following is established .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts