JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
First, thank you to Four Wheeler for the straight up ***** slap.

Second, I think it's a shame that Mel's AWESOME suspension and ORE got dragged into Edward's little tantrum.

Third, Edward's *****es are in full effect quashing anyone who is posting an opposing viewpoint and Four Wheeler won't be represented.

Fourth, does anyone actually believe that Edward's opinion means anything? And that RE is actually worried that he can affect "sales"?

Lastly, it's obvious that the industry has taken notice. RE has deep pockets and a HUGE presence at everything off road show and event... if I were Edward, I would get my Apology letter ready.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That MADE MY DAY!!! I love it!!! Hey Eddie I know you read this site... How does it feel to have a real Journalist bounce their nutts off of your face? Huh? How does it FEEL??? All because a company wouldn't buy your opinion like the rest.

I have a big dumb smile on my face. That was great.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I say its the beginning of the end. He just got called out from a VERY popular magazine and several vendors will catch wind of this (and so will JKforum members). It only takes pushing over one Domino...

G

·
I was asked to leave (banned) from JK-Forum for merely installing a Poly Performance lift kit. In one of Eddie’s PMs to me he actually suggested that I remove the lift if I wanted to post on his forum. How arrogant, like I’d toss out a $2500 lift kit just so I could play in his sandbox :shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used to frequent Jk-forum a lot... I never posted and 'ban-worthy' material, so it wasn't until I discovered this site that I realized what was going on over there. I think it's a shame that a lot of people who are visiting that site will never even know that everything they read has been censored. I've never heard of that kind of behavior before, and I've been a member of plenty of message boards. I would think that companies would start pulling their sponsorships from that site. If they know about these tactics, and continue their sponsorship, then they are also to blame.

G

·
I would think that companies would start pulling their sponsorships from that site. If they know about these tactics, and continue their sponsorship, then they are also to blame.
Companies like Off Road Evolution need to be careful who they jump into bed with IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
My Four Wheeler mag subscription is about to run out and I wasnt going to re-new, but now I am going to renew- and I will let them know why, too.

That Sean Holman sounds like a cool guy and has gained respect from me. The administration of JK forum is the complete opposite of that. Plus- MAJOR issues. I feel sorry for his wife and kid.

I wasnt banned or anything--- I walked away once I figured out what the deal is over there. Havent been back since. I dont care to have any personal problem with him, but I have to say, I find the situation somewhat fascinating and interesting. Cant wait to see what happens next!

I would say his little empire has peaked.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Companies like Off Road Evolution need to be careful who they jump into bed with IMO.
i'm trying to figure out if the "sponsors" *cough*advertisers*cough* don't know about his tactics and how he treats his ex-"sponsors" and companies that aren't, or if these companies just don't care.

i wonder how many sets of C2 Gussets that Evolution has sold just because Eddie posted that he has them on his jeep? just one of many examples of stuff that people buy just because WasteOfLife wrote about it, even though it is probably a complete waste of money. i wonder how many people bought the ****ty first version of the LoD rear bumper just because WOL had one on his jeep for a while.....how many are stuck with a squeeky-assed full traction lift because full traction paid WOL to put one on his jeep?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The irony is that he probably thinks he's acting in his financial best interest, but by operating a community that is hostile to its own members, people will leave. If he chases away users, his message board has no more content, or at least no more good content, and then his beloved sponsors will have no more reason to advertise. Bye bye $$$.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.