JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a change of pace I spent four days in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas. There were 22 river crossings, but the park was in a drought so water levels were low. I had an awesome time and I encourage you guys to check it out. Here's a video I made of the trip.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice vid, thanks for sharing!!
Thanks for watching! I really enjoyed both this trip and making the video. My normal stuff is crawling, which is fast-paced (ironically) and it's harder to get cool shots. On this trip I was able to slow things down, which really made a difference I think.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for sharing.I live about 2 hrs from that area and for some reason never make down often enough.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Arkansas, when you get up to that area, is very pretty. A buddy and I went climbing in Ouachita National Forest. Absolutely beautiful. We were mainly on foot, but did drive the rock roads trying to find some rocks to climb.

You trip looks great. Would be fun just to mill around on those type roads.

·
Registered
161 Posts
could you share the gps information for this trail?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great video! Looks like an awesome trip, I've seen and read great things about the HWM trail. It's on my to-do list someday. Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Takes me back. I grew up in Northwest Arkansas, went to Arkansas Tech in Russellville for 2 years, and spent a lot of time in the ONF hunting, fishing, hiking, and camping in my younger days. Your video makes me want to go back. Hadn't heard of the HWM trail, but will have to research it now! Glad you had a good time in my old neck of the woods. :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could you share the gps information for this trail?
Send me a PM and I'll send you a link.

Great video! Looks like an awesome trip, I've seen and read great things about the HWM trail. It's on my to-do list someday. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! It was only five hours from my house so I had to check it out. It was worth it.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Takes me back. I grew up in Northwest Arkansas, went to Arkansas Tech in Russellville for 2 years, and spent a lot of time in the ONF hunting, fishing, hiking, and camping in my younger days. Your video makes me want to go back. Hadn't heard of the HWM trail, but will have to research it now! Glad you had a good time in my old neck of the woods. :)
After I made the video, some locals informed me the HWM route actually changes frequently, and used to be an overlanding obstacle course.
Nice video. Did you need that snorkel for this trip?
Nope. The pre-filter was useful for keeping trail dust from hitting the filter though. Water just wasn't deep enough to justify it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts