JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the newer-style frameless wiper blades for the JK generation of the Jeep Wrangler. After doing a lot of searching I found that the 'Trico Neoform Beam Blades' have a option that fits the Jeep wiper arms and the JK windshield. They're not 15" but they're 14" (the 1/2" difference on each side isn't noticable). They wipe excellent and are quiet - like them better than the old-school framed wipers. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Got them online.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
777 Posts
or you could just get the 16 inch bosch icon or rain-x latitude blades

they both fit like a glove and cover the full windshiled unlike the factory jk blades

·
Registered
647 Posts
yup..i have the 16" rainx lattitude. I will never use a different blade. So far well worth the money using a "euroblade" as we call it at Audi.

·
Registered
97 Posts
just be careful if you guys get cold weather and snow. I leave my wipers up just before a snow so that the blades dont freeze to the windshield. If you try to move the armless ones when frozen, they get brittle and can break. Found out the hard way last week.:beer:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I put some high dollar bosch on my cherokee and they got hard in no time. So one of the original mopar blades split on my JK, I bought the mopar oem blades and they work well. I think that's the route I'm going to take from now on.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
My OEM wipers still work amazing after 8 months of ownership. it's amazing to me. I think when they start going I am simply going to replace with the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found the newer-style frameless wiper blades for the JK generation of the Jeep Wrangler. After doing a lot of searching I found that the 'Trico Neoform Beam Blades' have a option that fits the Jeep wiper arms and the JK windshield. They're not 15" but they're 14" (the 1/2" difference on each side isn't noticable). They wipe excellent and are quiet - like them better than the old-school framed wipers. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Got them online.

I stuck with the smaller size because with the wisconsin ice and snow, I didn't want to put additional stress on the arms, linkage and motor(s). But it sounds like the 16" work fine anyway - I may try that next time around.

BTW, as a follow-up to my post above, I just got an email from wipers123.com and Trico is offering a $15 rebate on NeoForms through May 15th 2010. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" (orders over $30). Not sure when it expires... Godspeed

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have been running 16"s for a whille now. Got real tired of trying to find 14's and 15's

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I picked up the right sizes at Canadian tire, Reflex, work great, don't seem to freeze up and keep the windshield clean.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My OEM wipers still work amazing after 8 months of ownership. it's amazing to me. I think when they start going I am simply going to replace with the same.
I agree.

But get the OEM ones... Not the Canadian Tire "almost identical ones"...
They're missing a support arm and it shows!

OEM's worked great for me too... :beer:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine still work fine (5 months with winter included) but the rivets on the wiper frames are rusting. Looks like complete dog shit. :shaking:

I'm replacing them with the frameless versions soon.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i broke a blade in a bad storm once and had to buy a 16 just to hold me over till i found a 15 and it came up over the windshield and scratched the paint a bit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i broke a blade in a bad storm once and had to buy a 16 just to hold me over till i found a 15 and it came up over the windshield and scratched the paint a bit
Yeah...thats what scares me too. I think it really depends on what generation of wrangler you have. I think some generations will handle the 16" and some won't. That's why I did the NeoForm in 14".

·
Registered
169 Posts
I picked up the right sizes at Canadian tire, Reflex, work great, don't seem to freeze up and keep the windshield clean.
I used reflex wipers on my last car worked good, probably going to get em for the Jeep when the time comes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It may be the glass not the wiper

A lot of times it depends on the condition of your windshield. The older the glass, the more tailgating you do, the more off-roading you do, the more you drive...etc...the more your glass gets pitted and the faster it tears-up the wiper blades. Usually you can push the original set up to 2 years depending on your driving because the glass is smooth and slippery. A lot of people bitch about their second set of OEM's because they wear out so fast compared to the first. Guess what? Its the glass, not the wiper. That's why I go aftermarket because after the first year or so, I just change them in fall and spring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts