JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time Toyota guy and still have my built 85 4runner but have decided to build a jku now since my family has outgrown my 4runner.

I just bought a 2007 JKU rubicon with 126k on it. It has a few upgrades already. Some kind of aftermarket lift previous owner said fabtech 2.5”. AEV relocation brackets, yeti tie rod, Knuckle gussets, Posion spyder front fenders, aev beadlocks, 35” mtrs, bumpers tire carrier etc.
The first thing I plan to do is a different lift and I’m undecided on if I will swap my new 37” mtrs off my Toyota onto it.

It seems 35’s are almost the limit on rubicon lockers and axles.... With out spending a fortune.
Any opinions on this?

Also been looking at a few lifts the metal cloak 2.5” or 3.5” with fox shocks and Terraflex 2.5” or 3” with fox resi shocks. Both run about $2,800 and come with new links so I can ditch the aev brackets. I was wanting to only spend $1,800 on a rubicon express lift with their shocks and links but it seems you get a lot more with the higher end lifts. I like low center of gravity and want a good smooth ride on and off-road.
Any opinions on this ?

Another thing I plan to do ASAP is a yeti draglink that flips it to the top of the knuckle since i already have the yeti tie rod this should finish the steering.

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don’t have a ton of experience but I did my research and decided on the 3.5 GameChanger.

Went w/rocksport shocks due to budget.

Did the complete install myself with hand tools, floor jacks/stands.

My JKUR preformed way ahead of my expectations.

MC has great costumer service.
Can’t/won’t talk bad about the others but I’m 100% pleased with the MC suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts