1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
915 Posts
Wow that whole story sounds fishy. My prayers are to his family and his two kids that won't see their father again.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any way that I can edit the title of the thread? It appears I forgot the ed at the end of kill. lol

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
There are many things that don't sound right with this. Houses have been hit "accidently" around here where a mistake in address was made but never with these results. Not to bash, but if one son was "in school" then the sun must have been up and unless he brought home tremendous riches from over seas, just how long and dark could a hall have been that "trained swat members" would feel the need to let loose 70 rounds? And if atleast 60 of them hit him and he died "approximately and hour later" that is even more incredible- unheard of you might say. Very sad story and I'd think a PD is gonna be in some very hot water!:shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I'm a big supporter of law enforcement but this is over the line. Those men murdered that soldier...

Rest in peace

Sent by carrier pigeon

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
There are many things that don't sound right with this. Houses have been hit "accidently" around here where a mistake in address was made but never with these results. Not to bash, but if one son was "in school" then the sun must have been up and unless he brought home tremendous riches from over seas, just how long and dark could a hall have been that "trained swat members" would feel the need to let loose 70 rounds? And if atleast 60 of them hit him and he died "approximately and hour later" that is even more incredible- unheard of you might say. Very sad story and I'd think a PD is gonna be in some very hot water!:shaking::shaking:
He wasn't pronounced dead until an hour later because paramedics were not permitted to enter and treat the Marine's injuries.

That in itself is fishy enough to make me wonder about everything else in th at story. Almost like they wanted to make damned sure he bled out before the paramedics could check on him, leaving no one left alive to dispute the version of events fed to the public by the Pima PD.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really hope the DA decides to investigate this further to see wtf happened and that every single one of those cops loses their job and gets jail time for murder. I support the police, hell Im trying to become the police but 70 shots at a guy that had his weapon still on safe.. Things just dont add up.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Those are the real sensitive parts of why we are having difficulty with trying to put information out publicly--because we don't want somebody getting killed," Dupnik said.
FUCKING HYPOCRITE!:pissed:

This is what happens when you allow a bunch of emotionally unstable shit heads that got picked on growing up to become cops. It's also why the public has a general distrust of those that "serve and protect" them.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Sounds like murder to me. I don't care if he was selling WEED (I mean damn, we aren't dealing with fucking heroine or cocaine here)...to put 60 rounds in someone who doesn't fire a shot is murder IMHO.

·
Registered
915 Posts
We can all speculate on what happened. It just sucks that this can happen to any one of us. The police obviously didn't do enough homework to figure out who was in the house. It's probably too much to ask to have someone watch the house prior to a raid. Or even learn the family's schedule before kicking down a door. There are easier ways to get access to a persons house safely. I know people that use apprehend violent criminals and the stories they have told me are amazingly creative. Using SWAT tatics should be a last resort not a first. What really sucks is that the kids lost their father.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
SWAT wrongly raided by buddies house last summer. Destroyed his house so badly that it is still condemned, locked him up a then a few months later were forced to drop the charges when they finally admitted he hadn't done shit wrong. Had a detached garage(not on search warrant) with a safe that held his rifles and his two classic cars. They confiscated all that and racked up several 1000s of miles on his cars before he got them and his guns back. He has a lawsuit in process and lives in a rental due to the damage to his house. Some of the things they did was break out all the house windows, in the basement they poked holes in his water heater, cut the floor joists and pulled down his drywall while tearing into the house to find drugs (drug dogs had not found any), and pissed in his juice pitcher and put it back in the fridge.
Long story short, there are a shitload of great cops doing a thankless job but there are also some bad apples that are shitheads and even worse fall into the trap that happens when a group operates with sloppy oversite. I find it possible that the actions in the OP story was uncalled for

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
This lawyer seems to be digging his own hole. He states about finding a " Partial police uniform", and talks about the raid as being part of a sting on home invasions where the perpitrators were impersonating officers. Hmmm.... do you think that if that was going on in this neighborhood a well trained veteran would be a little protective of his family when a group of men wearing Police Uniforms storm through his front door! Way too fishy.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I hate to say it; however, it must be said.....

There is a growing disconnect.....

Due to the present state of affairs.....

Citizens should be willing....

To sacrifice....

Certain rights and liberties....

For the sake of....

The Greater good...

For your own good...

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I wonder if they announced who they were before breaking down the door?

I sense that more will come out and a good investigation is in order.

Jason

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Is there any way that I can edit the title of the thread? It appears I forgot the ed at the end of kill. lol
Done. :beer:

Just sad.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts