JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We test drove a JL. It was not super comfy, and the power was best described as adequate. Still super loud with the ht, and the stereo was meh.

Anyone have real world experience with the new Bronco to compare to the JK or JL?

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
i know they're popping head gaskets... But otherwise they seem decent.

Drive a 4xe. you get an extra 7500 from uncle sam if you take delivery by the end of the year. ours HAULS ASS. it's awesome. Oh and it saves us 6 bucks a day in fuel. which is nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drove a new bronco for about a week while my truck was getting a recall item fixed. Interior was nice and felt slightly bigger than my '07 4 door JK. Due to the shape of the hood it looks like you are driving a box. It was a stiff ride, but I can't compare handling due to my jeep being lifted and on 35's. The turbo 2.3 4cyl didn't have much steam in stock form, but in other platforms they have made big power, like 70+ ft/lb of torque under the curve from just a tune. The 10 speed trans is stout. Overall I liked it. No idea how it does off road.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JLs are shite. I wouldn't mind swapping my 4dr for a 2dr Bronco.
What makes them junk tho? I feel like my 2010 JKUR was roomier and quieter, but the later models of JK had a better interior and no two inch gap at the dash/windshield to lose all your normal dash junk. The power of the JK sucked donkey dick, but the 2013 and up Wranglers were ok, or so people said.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What makes them junk tho? I feel like my 2010 JKUR was roomier and quieter, but the later models of JK had a better interior and no two inch gap at the dash/windshield to lose all your normal dash junk. The power of the JK sucked donkey dick, but the 2013 and up Wranglers were ok, or so people said.
Dash Junk?

I got to drive a 2019 JL for a day. I thought it was a pretty smooth and quiet ride. However, that was in comparison to my lifted JKU with mud terrains, at the time. I did hate the engine stop at red lights and the push button, no key in the ignition, start. Call me old fashion.

I got to see and hear the 392 for a second. It was pretty snazzy. The customer loves it but is fearful of getting it stolen with the rash of theives cloning key fobs or so he claimed.
He was pretty excited to show me the sandals. If course it isn't a Jeep unless you have plastic sandals on the hood. 🙄

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,799 Posts
What makes a JL junk. The same crap that makes a JK junk.
The TIPM
The anemic Pentastar engine
The dealerships
The price
All those f'n ducks

And finally, unless things have change, I'm not leaving something plugged into the OBD port to disable ESS.
I wouldn't own or drive ANY other Jeep vehicle but the Wrangler. Ford? I've owned them all. It will be quieter, more power, better handling and nobody will put a duck on it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What makes a JL junk. The same crap that makes a JK junk.
The TIPM
The anemic Pentastar engine
The dealerships
The price
All those f'n ducks

And finally, unless things have change, I'm not leaving something plugged into the OBD port to disable ESS.
I wouldn't own or drive ANY other Jeep vehicle but the Wrangler. Ford? I've owned them all. It will be quieter, more power, better handling and nobody will put a duck on it.
I think maybe you might have misspoke about driving or owning another Jeep but the Wrangler. Two letters... FC

And we all know this is you deep down.

Eyebrow Facial expression Mouth Jaw Gesture

·
Super Moderator
1,799 Posts
And we all know this is you deep down.
I don't duck. I don't wave. I don't have anything that says "Life is good." on it. I am a Jeep curmudgeon.
I could go for a FC though. The typical JK / JL owner wouldn't know what it is anyway and they'd keep their filthy ducks off it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I don't duck. I don't wave. I don't have anything that says "Life is good." on it. I am a Jeep curmudgeon.
I could go for a FC though. The typical JK / JL owner wouldn't know what it is anyway and they'd keep their filthy ducks off it.
WOW!!! You gotta wave. Getting a wave back will put a smile on your face.

Jeep Curmudgeon is not a thing you know. The Jeep Life is supposed to make you happy and give you joy.

You know Donald's Uncle was Scrooge McDuck. Scrooge McDuck was a Curmudgeon. I have a little something for Zak McScrooge that might un-curmudgeon you. Or maybe not! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hand Bath toy rubber ducky Toy Gesture

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

Well Zak McScrooge if you decide to go the Bronco route I am afraid you might be in for some wild and crazy fun. Bronco's get the Jeep wave. They get ducked too!
I've been ducked! | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Then on top of all that great Jeep fun you can add a little Bronco Bucking! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: with the Buck Buck Bronco. Totally serious. (WTF!!!)

Plus, I am sure they have Bronco Girls who like to get Topless.

There is a saying on Instagram for those Jeep Girls who like to show off their ( . )( . )'s. "When in doubt get them out" I bet those Bronco Babes will join in on all that Topless fun. SIGH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts