JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how and where the amp is mounted? I picked up a bracket and plan to mount my alpine amp on it in the stock location. Can someone shoot a couple of pictures?
I believe it is mounted under the steering column.
Thanks,
David

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
The stock amplifier from the infinity system goes in the dash on the drivers side under the steering column. Some have mounted amps behind the glove box by fabing a bracket. Search amplifier location. Search is your friend. :gluging:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me I have been searching for months. I now have the bracket and would like a picture of the stock mounting position.
David

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Google "jeep jk amplifier location"
Click on "images".
There are several pics of stock and aftermarket setups. Pick the one you like best.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the suggestions, but I am in possession of the stock bracket that fits a 12-14 JK and am asking for pictures of the stock mounting plate as put in at the factory.
This would be to install the Alpine amp onto the stock bracket and then install both in the stock location.
Not looking for advice about mounting the thing anywhere else.
David

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stock amplifier is located directly behind the left speaker enclosure. There is very little room so an aftermarket amp is unlikely to fit. The speaker has to be removed to access the amp.
The picture JTB is not correct for a 2013 JK so don't use it as a guide. A Google search does not show the stock mounting location, say again does not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts