JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think they are absolutely beautiful dogs, but I have been chased twice by stray pits in my grandparents' neighborhood. They live in Watts (refuse to move) and there are a ton of stray pit bulls.

Having said that, I do let my small dogs play with pit bulls at the beach because I know that most aggressive behavior is the result of the dog's experiences and upbringing.

·
Registered
11,039 Posts
Great story. I've had three of those lovable lapdog creatures.

I always enjoy reading the comments, sometimes more than the articles.

Luhx LeMieux
For every pitbull attack, I'm sure there are many families (and even strangers like this woman) who have benefited from having a pitbull in their life. Let us all remember that just because one woman kills a child, it does not mean ALL mothers will kill their child. Just because one man of a certain ETHNIC background rapes someone it does not mean ALL people of that ethnicity will rape someone. Just because one white person is a member of the KKK, it does not mean ALL white people are. Just because one person throws a stone - It does not mean all people will throw it.

It is the same with a breed of dogs. Just because one dog acts out, it does not mean all those dogs of that breed will act all. Dogs of EVERY breed attack, and pitbulls catch a bad rap because so often they fall into the wrong hands, bad owners, irresponsible owners and abusive ones.

This goes to show you that you cannot judge an ENTIRE breed based on one dog's actions - just as you can not judge humanity based on the actions of some.
Very well put

Ed Selby · Subscribe · Top Commenter · Owner at Photography By Ed Selby
Stacy - this story is almost 4 years old. It is not news. In addition, the photo you use in this story is not the dog in question, and is exactly the same photo used in February 2011 reporting of this story (http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2011/02/pit-bull-saves-woman-child-from-attacker/). It took me less than 10 minutes of Google searching to find out that the dog mentioned in the story was not adopted by the family (http://www.nbc-2.com/story/10695932/family-decides-against-adopting-angel).

No offense to you, but this is a poor excuse for "journalism".
I'm always skeptical of internet stories, especially told second hand. It was still a good read.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Great story. I've had three of those lovable lapdog creatures.

I always enjoy reading the comments, sometimes more than the articles.

Very well put

I'm always skeptical of internet stories, especially told second hand. It was still a good read.
I found it funny that when the lady was trying to talk shit about the pic she used. # 1: So what? # 2: How do you know its not the same dog? I can take a pic of the 3 dobermans I've had in my life and I promise you no one would know they were different dogs. They all looked exactly the same. Even if it wasnt the same dog it was still a great story showing you how awesome pits really are.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
mans best friend is all i can say...

And what a good story to remind us of that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.