JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
that's awesome man, are those just normal BMX bike pegs? My wife asked me to build something like that on my last JK, haha...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sweet... so how do you stop the rocks throwing up from the tyres and smashing your legs?

Can you guys run around on the road with the wheels sticking out that far and no guards at all?? nice...

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Sweet... so how do you stop the rocks throwing up from the tyres and smashing your legs?

Can you guys run around on the road with the wheels sticking out that far and no guards at all?? nice...
I have run a TJ and JK with 35" and 37" tires and cut-down flares.....rarely with doors on. never been hit with any flying debris or rocks, besides some occasional mud, sand, etc.....even with my leg propped up on the lower hinge. Pre-running might be another story though. ;)

Depends on individual state laws regarding full tire coverage.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I have not rawked mine since getting half doors... but will next weekend at Katemcy when everything that I don't want bashed gets left at camp!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My old YJ, I just put my leg on the flare, worked perfect! Made driving the jeep so much better

·
Registered
931 Posts
everytime we have the doors off the wife is always saying that she would like to have foot pegs. i would like to have some foot shaped ones i think it'd look cool. :thefinger::beer:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I have run a TJ and JK with 35" and 37" tires and cut-down flares.....rarely with doors on. never been hit with any flying debris or rocks, besides some occasional mud, sand, etc.....even with my leg propped up on the lower hinge. Pre-running might be another story though. ;)

You've got that right, Stub... Cali laws suck. I ponied up and bought the Teraflex removable mudflap kit, so I do not continue to get cited for California State Code 27600!

Hope you're doing well...

RC

·
Registered
10,317 Posts

Only happened to me once... And it wasn't a rock kicked up by the tires, it was a bee that got caught between my toes!

That was an interesting day lol

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Haters gonna hate, but I'm thinking that you having the smittybilt fenders and what looks like 4-6" of exposed tire, you'll find a rock on the highway sooner than later, or rather, your boys will find it and immediately alert you to its presence in your nice cool shorts.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took my first doorles trip with the pegs on Saturday. I went to a concert about an hour away from the house and I must say they where very comfortable. Also for everyone concerned about rocks I had to park way inside is their huge gravel parking lot and never saw even one rock fly. I did however run through a big ass mud puddle which left my buddy in the passenger seat quite brown.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts