JKOwners Forum banner

Have you folded down your windshield?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
I probably won’t bother. Form the pics I’ve seen JKs don’t look as cool as our ancestors with the windshield down anyway. It also looks like a PITA.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Did mine once, shortly after I got the jeep:

All I can say is WHAT A P.I.T.A. it was. 26 screws IIRC. Now with the Tuffy overhead console and some other miscellaneous bling that has wires running through the windshield trim, I'll probably never do it again. Besides, its ugly folded.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
looks to hard on thr JK i did it all the time on my YJ, drove it for almost a whole summer with it down, nothin like looking like a idiot doin 65 on the highway with no windshield

·
Registered
570 Posts
I remember when you originally posted those pics...looking at them is probably the close as I will ever get to doing it, lol
heh. Yeah. That was on that "other" forum....

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
heh. Yeah. That was on that "other" forum....
OK, I remember now, damn, fels like a long time ago. It was from JKBoard... I have not been over there for quite I while now though.

I suddenly rememebr talking to you when I was thinking of moving to Montana, lol. I eneded up going to Denver instead. I used to live in Seattle.

Don't you work for Qwest?

·
Registered
570 Posts
OK, I remember now, damn, fels like a long time ago. It was from JKBoard... I have not been over there for quite I while now though.

I suddenly rememebr talking to you when I was thinking of moving to Montana, lol. I eneded up going to Denver instead. I used to live in Seattle.

Don't you work for Qwest?
Nope. I worked AT QWEST Wireless (Boulder labs then Littleton labs) for HP when they were doing E911 (2001-2003).... but that was way before the JK. Three years on that project, then *poof*, they got out of the wireless business. I still have acquaintances in Denver...but neither works for Qwest these days. Now I hang my hat as a contractor DBA at the gasoline anti-christ AKA Exxonmobil. (Can I say that on this board???)

BTW - if you ever go to the Tech Center Marriott, see if my name is still up on the wall in the restaurant. Two years in a hotel makes one famous to the staff......

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
When I was running my CJ7 I would put the windshield down when it was hot out. It made quite a difference in the heat to get a little breeze on your face. And it came down easily.

Now I just turn the A/C on high!:thefinger:

and no- I havent put the JK winshield down- dont plan to. If anything, I might remove it for wheelin.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.