JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I have a 6" lift with 37s on my 2012 JK. My wife has a time of it climbing in so I want to find a step to mount that I can fold up when wheeling.
My concern is some of what I find, like pictured below, is pretty small. I'm not sure the step will even reach beyond my rock guards. Plus the mounting holes look pretty small. How strong could it be?

These are my rock guards. Any suggestions. Other than getting a taller wife. I really like the one I have.:)
1594034375851.png

Mini step thing with tiny mounting holes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For a while I kept a plastic folding step under the seat for those days/places where it was too much of a jump to get in. Tie a small rope to it so you can pull it up into the Jeep, fold it and store it under the seat. No worries about damaging the step when off road.

But now I have the Rock-Slide Engineering steps.😎 Expensive, but worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For a while I kept a plastic folding step under the seat for those days/places where it was too much of a jump to get in. Tie a small rope to it so you can pull it up into the Jeep, fold it and store it under the seat. No worries about damaging the step when off road.
View attachment 364366

But now I have the Rock-Slide Engineering steps.😎 Expensive, but worth it.
I have a step stool, but not folding. Good idea. thanks. I've seen those rock-slide steps, expensive is right. I'm not a cheapo but not high end either. 1800 for the set it a bit high for our blood. Prob more like 600 range. If the folding step doesn't pan out I'll prob just get a different set of guards. One's with a step on it, like nerf bars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CHA-CHING is right. Hell, for that price I put a couple of logs on the sides. lol Still shopping. It looks like I may need just get another set of sliders. One with a step on it. My wife doesn't need much of a step. 4 or 6 inches lower than the entry would do it.
Don't buy those sliders, the second you slide on them the metal edges get scuffed and the slider wont go in and out. I've seen people beating them with a hammer to get them to open after one trip. I've seen a very cheap method that was cool. get yourself a horse stirrup from a saddle, bolt it to a strip of leather, bolt the strip of leather to the seat mounting bolt. Open the door, drop the stirrup out, step up, and grab the leather to pull the stirrup back up and toss under the seat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the rockslide engineering step sliders and they are great. I have beat on them all over Moab and Colorado without any problems with them still working after wheeling

1 - 8 of 8 Posts