JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Wrangler JK with H10 lights. I am trying to replace them with a pair of 2010 Rubicon Foglights. They have H16 bulbs. I need to get two (2) of those H16 plugs. Does anyone know where you can get them from or to convert them to something else????

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You might be able to convice a 2010 rubi owner not using stock fogs to cut his off. Would be wise to check the wiring to see if it could be retro fitted in.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be able to convice a 2010 rubi owner not using stock fogs to cut his off. Would be wise to check the wiring to see if it could be retro fitted in.
I will work on that... Why change a light...UUUGGGGHHHHH:bounce:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've mentioned this in the past on posts like this, go to your local salvage yard and cut them off a wrecked Rubi.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
well you can by a H10 plug at autozone, I would check if they have the H16 but I thought those lights run off 24v, will they work with the stock 07 wiring/programming?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've mentioned this in the past on posts like this, go to your local salvage yard and cut them off a wrecked Rubi.
Been to two or three yards without a Jeep in them... Still looking

·
Registered
7 Posts
well you can by a H10 plug at autozone, I would check if they have the H16 but I thought those lights run off 24v, will they work with the stock 07 wiring/programming?
Hello Members:

The 2010 JK's foglight bulbs are the new goverment mandated 24 watt bulbs as you mentioned TKOB1060, 100 % correct. My question is why would the OP , want to take a downgrade? Myself and so many people wanted to update our bulbs in our 2010 JK's for various reasons, and we cannot as of now, until the aftermarket does a little R&D. I am also not sure if the CAN BUS System is the same on a 2007 to a 2010. In either event I would stay clear of touching the wiring. Most of us with the 2010's go directly to the battery on any high amperage pulling accessory, to avoid the sensitivity issues with the CAN-BUSS System.

MY 2 CENTS :bounce:

:beer: SLIM_SNOOPY :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts