JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to wire up a set of KC fog lights..i don't have stock fogs, so from reading a previous post, i can use the factory wires? OK..what do i do next? the instructions say to run power right of the positive post on my battery..do i REALLY wanna do that?
Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
ok..read that link..thanks! so once i plug 'em in to the hot wires, what do i need to do with the relay? or is it plug and play?
Depends on the current draw of the lights, it is the same as the factory ones (which is pretty low) you most likely won't need a relay. My 55w lights would not work off the fog light circuit, they would flash on and off every few seconds. So I just used the factory wiring to trigger a relay.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Hmmm, I just read your post again, you don't have factory fogs, in which case I don't know if you have the wiring or switch for them either?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on the current draw of the lights, it is the same as the factory ones (which is pretty low) you most likely won't need a relay. My 55w lights would not work off the fog light circuit, they would flash on and off every few seconds. So I just used the factory wiring to trigger a relay.
they are 100 watt lights..

·
Registered
749 Posts
Do it like this,... see Relay in middle of diagram.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Look here also. This is a cool link all about relays and how to use them in everyday life:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts