JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to say "hi". I picked up my 08 X two weeks ago. Traded in my 03 X. Gotta get rid of those bumbers soon...anyone have any sudgestions or anything against the rugged ridge bumpers? I have a list of things that I want to do. Already threw on a 2" lift with 33x12.50 mickey t's and the tinted windows.

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Not sure about the Rugged Ridge bumper quality- but you could go with a local Texas company and get a Shrockworks bumper incl- stubby or mid witdth (maybe full width), light tabs, winch mount, skidplate, optional hoop, clevis mounts.They are also making rear bumpers in a full width or stubby version and tire carrier. They are a great company. Maybe look through the sections here- modified, dirty laundry, new products. These sections may have some additional info on the Rugged Ridge or other good quality manufacturers (or products you might want to avoid).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the site. You will be able to get a lot of good advice here, I have the RR modular and love it with winch plate, If I bend an end cap I dont have to replace the whole bumper, Gonna get the stinger next, Its easier on the wallet this way too, Rear bumper I have an LoD Expedition style rack. Ive seen people trim their front to a shorty and even rivot the corners on Doesnt look bad. Good luck bro and again welcome

·
Registered
705 Posts
I do love my RR modular front bumper (I have the stubby, winch-mount variety) - it's tough as nails.

That being said, there's always a preference to supporting our local vendors and manufacturers if their product meets your needs.

Either way, it's unlikely that the RR, the Shrockworks, PJ, or any other bumper is going to really let you down. Pick what you like on form vs. function vs. costs, and never look back!

!c

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.