JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, So it looks like I'm going to take some advice I've seen here and put on a flowmaster 40 or super 44 offroad, in place of my stock muffler on my '08 jk 4dr. Anybody know how much hp/torque gain to expect? Also, thought not my primary concern, mpg increases? And lastly, I'm not planing on relocating it, so it'll still be pretty far behind me-how loud should I expect the interior noise to be?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Dunno how loud it will be for sure, but you could fab a bigger heat sheild and mount it up there, I would assume that it would help keep the drone out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea on hp gains?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Btw, hats off to all military, you do us proud.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No idea on hp gains but I'm sure it will be but it will surely not open it up so much to where you lose. Especially using stock piping.

and thanks!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I doubt you'll pickup up that much power or mpg, most probably not enough to feel anyway. FWIW An intake will improve throttle response noticeably.

Can't speak for JK as I haven't heard one, but a 40 is usually pretty loud, and I wouldn't expect it to be any different on the JK.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already put in an airaid cai, which definitley made a difference in the low end rpms, and I have an airaid tb spacer on the way. It was free, so what the hay. I know the most noticible improvement I could make is probably to regear from the 3.73s that came with the auto, to 4.88 or 5.13 since I put the 35" bfg's on. But, that's gonna come later, after the holidays are done draining me!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I read on another forum that Flowmaster has recommended a 50 series for our motor. They said it's a better match than the 40. I would write them to confirm. Seems like the backpressure will either make or break the 3.8.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, made my decision and put down a deposit today @ my local shop-going with the super 44 offroad. It'll be in on the 15th.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I'm ordering a Flowmaster 50 series n heat shield tomorrow
I'm prob gonna pull my muffler and have a shop bend me up a tail pipe and be noisy for awhile till the muffler comes in and I get a chance to install it
I like being obnoxious! :thefinger:

I had electric cutouts on my Harley Truck and they were open 90% of the time:smokin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts