JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
That aint no freakin hurricane....SH*T...Didnt you go thru RITA. I did...I was in Galveston Tx when that bit*h went thru. She was quite the mofo...Just kidding though Dave about Fay...Shes gonna continue to dump some HELLA rain. Hope you all stay safe!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Be careful out there, brother. Enjoy your beers, though...that's more important, anyway!

I was back east during Floyd in '99. Made the wife watch the news this morning to see if she still wants to move out there....she's never been. Look on her face was funny.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Charley, Frances, and Jean all crisscrossed my county a few years back. They were real storms. This is a mud puddle maker. I'm gonna post up some video as soon as it gets uploaded to photobucket...
Tell me about it... this storm ain't sh*t.

I've had my fair share of hurricanes, but the earthquake in 1998 in Las Vegas was the worse. Those things you can't get drunk and prepare for.:laughing:

·
Registered
854 Posts

I've had my fair share of hurricanes, but the earthquake in 1998 in Las Vegas was the worse. Those things you can't get drunk and prepare for.:laughing:
But you can get drunk afterwards :beer:

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
nice video!!!!

You need some fertilzer on that palm tree and you need to drain your pool:thefinger::grinpimp::laughing:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Speaking of Floyd, Dave...Did ya ever see The PINK Floyd in concert. I saw em at OSU stadium in 1989 (I think). Awesome outdoor venue...sunset...a huge pig with big balls...and the air smelled of....well, you know. That was the best concert I've ever seen. I just bet youve seen em too. If not, what other concerts have ya been to besides The Dead?

·
Registered
785 Posts
The storm is still East of me in Lorida and we have had @ least 5inches of rain according to my Rain Gauge.They say we will probably get 2 to 4 More Locally,it has not stopped raining since this Morning.

Neighbors Pasture
My dirt Road to My Home
Entrance to my House

Mud Puddle my ass,5 inches and counting :beer:

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My kinda hijack...

Yeah I saw floyd on that tour and the division bell tour. Ive seen Roger waters 3 times as well. I dig watersless floyd, floydful waters, and everything in between. I have to admit though, waters solo shows have a rougher edge that the floyd shows dont have. And he plays the B sides and non radio hits.

Other shows....It's weird, Ive seen a gazillion shows, but when someone asks me what Ive seen I draw a blank. A big, pot smelling, blank. Mostly dead shows. Police. Floyd. Waters. Pretty much any 80s and 90s metal bands. Quite a few janes addiction shows. Tom Petty a few times. I dunno...

A million hippy bands. Sam Bush, Peter Rowan, David Grisman, Vassar Clements, Bela Fleck - flecktones. Lee boys. North Mississippi Allstars. Robert Randolph a few times. Even a phish show - millenium show - 80,000 doped up phish kids in a florida swamp - INTENSE. Widespread Panic a few dozen times.

Rambling...

If you havent heard it, get David Gilmour's most recent album. It's damn good solo stuff. He has david bowie, Graham Nash, and David Crosby sit in w/ him on the video he released from Albert Hall show (it's incredible - 5.1 surround sound). Intense.

Seen Ratdog and Phil and Friends a few times. As well as the latest incarnation of the Dead. Not a real fan of that incarnation. But it's better than nothing. I dug the 1998 incarnation better - the other ones.

Think we'll ever see a reunited floyd (other than those 3 songs on that G8 show)?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
WOW! I figured youd been to a bunch...Not guessing anyone cares much but my list as follows....

Night Ranger/ Los Lobos/ Santana/ Iron Maiden/ BB King/ Willie Nelson/ Robin Trower/ Pink Floyd/ Pat Traverse/ ZZ Top/ Aerosmith/ Ozzy/ Metallica (x2)/ Scorpians (x2)/ Prong/ Flotsam & Jetsam/ Bon Jovi/ The Kinks/ Dokken/ Blue Oyster Cult/ Van Halen/ Rush/ Stray Cats (Brian Setzer)

There are others that aren't worth mentioning or that I cant remember.

*Wish I had seen- Yes, Grateful Dead, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, King Crimson....too late much too late...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

You tellin' me...I fell off the wagon when Andrew blew through...still lookin' for the house I had in Country Walk (Homestead)...and still off the wagon:beer::beer::beer:;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Looks like a bigass mud puddle to me! And what are you doing riding around taking pictures of a hurricane in some vehicle OTHER THAN IN YOUR JEEP?!

heheheh..take care down there Jose. I know you guys are getting it a little more intense than we are.
Gave the Jeep a Rest and was driving the 08 Ford F150,its nice to have v8 power once in a while.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts