JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok boys and girls. Going to Florence on the 16th and 17th of November.

15th.

Noon: Murray and Rubicobra leaving and heading to camp site.
1400: JanusJK leaving for florence will meet noon group at cottonwood canyon and mineral mountain road for night run.
Trail: Upper Ajax.

16th.

Meet: Oracle and Golder Ranch roads
Time: 0700 depart nlt 0730 meet with Mike with the white dodge truck towing a tan XJ.
trails: Elvis then JackHandle

Camping near the intersection of cottonwood canyon road and mineral mountain road.

Will meet the group that is camping on the 15th at the intersection of sandman road and elvis trail (where it drops into the wash).

17th

trails : Upper Woodpecker

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All off road AZ has their annual Florence Fest each year. They will be there for four days. They run Elvis on Sundays so I thought it would be nice to do it a day early.

Also if you are planning on going, get a state trust land permit. I hear that they are starting to really enforce this issue now.

http://www.azland.gov/programs/natural/recreation_permit.htm

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
All off road AZ has their annual Florence Fest each year. They will be there for four days. They run Elvis on Sundays so I thought it would be nice to do it a day early.

Also if you are planning on going, get a state trust land permit. I hear that they are starting to really enforce this issue now.

http://www.azland.gov/programs/natural/recreation_permit.htm
Aww damn I need one of those to bad they don't make it easy and just be able to get it online

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Print it out mail it in and you should have it in a week.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
They have pretty quick turn around time though. From dropping the envelope in the mail, to receiving the permit was less than a week for the last two years. Mine expires in a couple of months. Thanks for the reminder.

I don't know if it's still the law of the land, but you are(or at least were)permitted on state trust land if you are carrying a hunting license. So this would be an example of when you would want to make sure you were holding a firearm when approached by law enforcement.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Josh gets his turn at the waterfall this time. :thefinger:

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Print it out mail it in and you should have it in a week.
Print out the form, fill it out and send it in with a check. If you don't get the permit before you go, keep a copy of the filled out form and a copy of the check you mailed in and that usually suffices in the meantime.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will be planning on being out there.
You want to meet us at the chevron between 0800 and 0830? It will probably only be one black and one white jeep, since those red and shades of red jeeps never go.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Updated the 1st thread with times and places.

Janus if you don't know how to get to cottonwood canyon get on google maps and go about 7 miles north of florence past the gila river and cottonwood canyon will run off to your right. Follow that east until you find where it ends and mineral mountain road picks up. Go left at that intersection and we should have camp setup about a 100 yards up on your right.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds good. Thanks. I more that likely will make it to Catalina for the convoy. Ill let yall know by friday morning.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds good. Thanks. I more that likely will make it to Catalina for the convoy. Ill let yall know by friday morning.
Are you camping with us as well or just going for the night run?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ill be bring my 2 boys and possibly my lady and her oldest daughter. The boys will will be camping for sure. Trying to figure out logistics with my ladies 2 other daughters and time with their deadbeat dad for pick up...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Forest and I will meet Murray, Mike and whomever else (Chris & crew) at noon on Friday for the night and saturday runs. We will then be heading home saturday night. Forest's birthday party circuit demands our attention Sunday.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts