JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, going to head back to Florence to finish what we started in December.

What: Lower and Upper Ajax, Hackberry Creek
When: 16 Feb Ajax, camp, 17 Feb Hackberry
Where: Meet at the Valero at Oracle and Golder Ranch at 0800 on the 16th depart at 0830 and head to Florence, Top off tanks in Florence then head to the parking area on Cottonwood Canyon Road.
Why: To finish the trails that we were supposed to run in December.

If you want to partake in just one trail run, post up which one so that we can get an idea on who is going to be going. Details about hackberry creek will be hashed out at the M&G on the 10th.

So far:

Me +2 riders
Mike, tan cherokee from Tortalitas

·
Registered
668 Posts
Permits needed

Is there any special permits needed for camping out there? Blm land permits what not?

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes you should have a State Trust land permit.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am a definate maybe for one of these days. Let me talk with the soon to be wifey and see if she wants to go. This is the weekend before we head up to Sedona to get married so we might be busy. Will have to see.

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope you can cuz its looking slim for this run.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm Golfing on the 16th but will meet u all out there on the 17th what trails do you plan on hitting the second day??

·
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, going to head back to Florence to finish what we started in December.

What: Lower and Upper Ajax, Hackberry Creek
When: 16 Feb Ajax, camp, 17 Feb Hackberry
Where: Meet at the Valero at Oracle and Golder Ranch at 0800 on the 16th depart at 0830 and head to Florence, Top off tanks in Florence then head to the parking area on Cottonwood Canyon Road.
Why: To finish the trails that we were supposed to run in December.

If you want to partake in just one trail run, post up which one so that we can get an idea on who is going to be going. Details about hackberry creek will be hashed out at the M&G on the 10th.

So far:

Me +2 riders
Mike, tan cherokee from Tortalitas
I'm Golfing on the 16th but will meet u all out there on the 17th what trails do you plan on hitting the second day??
is that better for ya?

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Let's get a few more people to do the Florence trip this weekend. Be nice if we could round up at least three more jeeps.

Saturday, Ajax. Sunday Hackberry Creek.

Come camp with us or just meet for day runs. Either way it'll be fun. We can coordinate meeting spots once we know others are coming.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry guys, I am out of Saturday. I am getting married on Wensday and her sister made an unannounced visit. Between those two I just wont be able to make an all day trip as much as I want to.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Sorry guys, I am out of Saturday. I am getting married on Wensday and her sister made an unannounced visit. Between those two I just wont be able to make an all day trip as much as I want to.
Bummer bro, unannounced visits suck but at least it's just a sister-in-law and not a parole officer. haha. I'll try to have some fun for ya man and hopefully nothing will break this time. If we don't hear from you before the wedding, have a good one and congrats!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
You guys have a good time and stay safe. Wish I was going.

I need to hurry and sort my fenders/axle/spare mount ASAP!

Give me a call if you guys need anything.

·
Registered
357 Posts
So how did it go?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts