JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My friends and I are looking to buy a new floor jack to get some work done on my garage! I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler.

There are a lot of options online and not sure which one would fit best for my car.

Which one would you recommend? I was looking at a list of best floor jacks an not sure which one would be best.

floorjackscenter.com/best-floor-jacks

Suggestions?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Take your ass to Harbor Freight and grab one of the ALu racing jacks, I do not generally shop there but my dad got me one of the jacks about 5 years ago cause I was working on shit in their driveway. I will say the damn thing has held up great and has been border line abused by me.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
And while you're there grab 4 extra heavy duty jack stands. Gotta say that your question makes concerned about your welfare while doing mechanical work. Good luck.

Reactions: j3ff3ry_j33p

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
whichever jack offers height extension measurement above 23" and taller is the one to get. Some have extensions and you'll still want to keep a solid 1" block of 4"x4" fencepost treated wood nearby for when the jack isn't tall enough. That's when ya run 3" of lift or more ( why, I don't know but to each their own ) and/ or gets some larger tires . :jeep2:

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you have a COSTCO in your area, check their offering. My first one from there lasted me 20 years, now on my second. I also have a Craftsman aluminum, use it mostly in the 5th wheel and when I need a second in the garage.
That two piece aluminum handle on the Craftsman is a wicked "persuasion stick" under the seat in the big truck.

·
Registered
310 Posts
#floorjackcentershill

this douche is spamming all the boards under the same user name asking the same question and referencing that site.

so the lesson here is that floorjackcenter.com is an unethical business.

may want to drop them an email and ask them about it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
#floorjackcentershill

this douche is spamming all the boards under the same user name asking the same question and referencing that site.

so the lesson here is that floorjackcenter.com is an unethical business.

may want to drop them an email and ask them about it.
It looks like the site is down too.

"floorjackcenter.com is available!
Register this domain for $9.88"

·
Registered
83 Posts
The harbor freight Daytona (yellow one) is an awesome jack for the money (179-on sale). works great for lifted Jeeps. It is heavy though.
I also have an aluminum HF jack which I use most of the time because it is easy to move around but it's limitation in a jeep is with 35in tires, you will need blocks depending where you lift from.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The harbor freight Daytona (yellow one) is an awesome jack for the money (179-on sale). works great for lifted Jeeps. It is heavy though.
I also have an aluminum HF jack which I use most of the time because it is easy to move around but it's limitation in a jeep is with 35in tires, you will need blocks depending where you lift from.
I have a 97 Ranger Splash on a James Duff Stage 2 5.5" lift with 35's a few chunks of 6X6 nailed together make a great spacer with the alu jack. Lowest part of the ranger frame is a tad under 23" off the ground. I give the highest props to that cheap ass jack.

Yes, I did read above the mother fucker was spamming us but had to reply to this comment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts