JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2016 JK. Loving it so far! I noticed that my fog lights have a very slight flicker when they are on. The headlights also have an even slighter flicker that is hardly noticeable, I just seem to catch those things haha. Not a major deal but anyone have an idea of what would cause that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am new here too. I just got a 2016 jku. I am been reading alot on this forum. It seems that the computer on the jeeps use a canbus system which uses pwm. This causes the lights to flicker and a delay in the horn, among other things. It does this to check to see if the componets are working. This is what i am to understand. Use will see a lot of led bulbs that are canbus error free available. I hope i am correct and clear

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those error free bulbs will flicker as well or hyper flashing unless you install load resistors to them. I wish they still had the same system as the older Jeeps, you did not have to worry about flickering with them

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The stock headlights and fog lights should not flicker. The pwm power they get is not off long enough to allow the stock filaments to cool to where they would stop giving off light at full brightness between pulses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts