JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob question: What is the best way to test flex for my JKUR? I have jacks and stands but want to make sure my shocks are long enough to support my lift and check bump stops; new to all this but learning fast...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
drive over some really steep sh*t at an angle. crawl your front pssgr or driver wheel up & onto another car or truck or wall or loading dock or your best friends wife's ass ...whatever is large-enough to max out the suspension, dude.

imo, flex is utterly overrated and useless unless ya know how to drive; i'd focus on enjoying the new Jeep and learning it's behaviors and characteristics for offroad handling first and the "flex rating" and other crap will become apparent to you as things like that become necessary to understand so that you are able to surmount the increasingly difficult terrain and obstacles you are encountering and tackling as your driving skill improves and familiarity with the Jeep grows.

If ya wanna just bro-show , go to some offroad shop with an RTI ramp.
:jeep2:

(edit: i didnt see you actually wanted to droop your suspension for the lift; remove wheels off rear axle and use a jack and stands to test max droop ( a lift is even better) and then you pull the springs to test bumpstop. There are great articles on here for this.

nice Jeep,btw. make sure to hit the Welcome Room and introduce yourself when you have time . Welcome to jkowners)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Local concrete drainage structures/ditches

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the advice! I just wanted to make sure that I don't rip out my brake lines or mess up anything and that my stops work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts